K-tec 197 Exhaust.

Worth the money?

A good bit of kit?

I'd love the Aparo one but it's out of my budget. Also when fitting the exhaust I don't want to see the tail pipes as it is standard. Is this the case with the k-tec or do they prertrude out?

Scott.

Get your centre silencer removed first and give it a few weeks to settle in. If you get the replacement pipe clamped in you can return it to standard if you don't like it. I had mine welded in and paid £70. I can't see how a K-Tec can be £430 better personally...

Get your centre silencer removed first and give it a few weeks to settle in. If you get the replacement pipe clamped in you can return it to standard if you don't like it. I had mine welded in and paid £70. I can't see how a K-Tec can be £430 better personally...

So your saying the K-tec is a waste of money?

I have the K-tec and love it to bits, sounds stupidly good with the windows down. Windows up it sounds like a beast but with the windows down it sounds like Shakira making love to Beyonce :smile:

The tailpipes dont stick out mate, I have used the 200 tailpipes on my 197 as I plan to get a 200 diffuser off Fernandez at some point

So your saying the K-tec is a waste of money?

Not at all. I'm saying that I personally cannot see how a K-Tec can be £430 better. It also depends on what sort of exhaust note you're after. The K-Tec is much bassier and deeper than mine, mine is more raspy and it pops and bangs :smiley:

Worth the money?

A good bit of kit?

I'd love the Aparo one but it's out of my budget. Also when fitting the exhaust I don't want to see the tail pipes as it is standard. Is this the case with the k-tec or do they prertrude out?

Scott.

I've got one fitted to mine. Had it about 6-7 weeks now. Can meet up and hear it in person if you want

JP Exhausts System. :smile:

Just take any cat-back system and add £50-70 for a decat pipe, job done. :wink:

The standard Cat isn't that restrictive anyway really. Is there a particular reason why you want to lose it?

I have the older ''single box'' version of the K-Tec which has one rear silencer instead of the two that the newer system now has. I believe this model one was made by Magnex however I don't know who make the new ones for them. The quality on this one is very good, had no fitment issues and never had any problems since fitting. It sounds lovely and certainly smoothed out the power through the range whilst reducing the flatspot I had after chopping the centre silencer from the standard system... It's not as raspy as that, but it is a bit louder. I'm happy with it although I will probably be making my own setup towards the end of the year.

Keep your eyes open for a second-hand one and save yourself a couple of hundred quid.

Last edited: