Just a little more power please...

Sounds like dna do remapping in which case yes, quite a few people seem to choose that option although average gains never seem to be much more than 10 bhp, if that.

its the "mid-range" torque thats the main improvement - 10-15lb/ft :bat:

I was only joking mate, making a light hearted comment to lighten the thread a little. I didn't kill a GTi! Lol!

no, but that's the thing- whether or not you were joking around, im in love with these cars now.

after having a mk3 vr6 (wanted one since i was a kid), then finding better practicality and performance in the polo 1.9 tdi (i do lots of snow trips during the winter - 320 miles round trip, 30-40 times a year), i was toying with the idea of putting a bigger turbo on the pog sometime down the track- although this would have been a pain as it'd require new manifold for my 8v, new intercooler, downpipe etc and there arent any hardcore tdi tuners in australia like there are in uk/za/usa. so i figured next car would be either a gti or a gtd (loving low down torque).

after having driven the 197, im sold. driving a mk6 gti and mk6 gtd around the track, they dont make you feel alive like even a simple test drive of the clio did. i neeeeeeed one.

anyway, enough about me. i've read a bit about panel filters, inlet port matching, and THEN getting a custom map... but say if you were just to get a panel filter, smooth out/ remove restrictions from the stock airbox setup, and then get a remap, do you reckon it's possible to get that extra 28nm of mid range torque?

or do you reckon that the tuning companies who claim 20nm+ are pulling your leg?

cheers,

scotty

If I was about to go and tune the Clio all over again I would do the following things and in this way:

1. Matched & polished inlets
2. Clio V6 Ph2 airbox & high flow panel filter (do not use KTR, go for Green or K&N)
3. Exhaust (Akrapovič or KTR Performance if you want to spend less and you don't mind the noise) with the decat (the famous "flat spot" that you have with the decat would be compensated with the matched inlets, and on the higher revs when you need the power - you would get it
4. Remap (PaulRS)

And that's all I would go for at the moment.

Forget about the cams - too much trouble, too expensive for a little gain (I actually lost power but I think that has to do something with the tuning experts that were "playing" with the cams & remap).

I just spotted a clio parked next to mine in Waitrose in Stratford with a clio200.net sticker on it, my own clio I get +18bhp out of on 98RON, but pulling the lump out of it next week most likely and chucking the Megane turbo lump in it. Hello to VAG owners in this thread too, my other car is an RS6 and I have a Leon Touring car :-P

I've seen some ridiculous claims over the years of using forums and tuning cars, but 18bhp from using 98RON fuel, you win the prize for most outlandish and complete BS claim!!

Full Milltek as well, believe what you like it can be done IF you know what to do. I see quite a few forum sponsors on here not posting, I can see why.

Mate, not being funny. But some of us have been in this scene a long time, spent lots of money, seen the same results on other cars time and time again. There is more chance of me driving along side lewis Hamilton next year than you getting 18bhp from running 98ron. A map (which requires 98 Ron anyway) and an exhaust will see an absolute max gain on 10bhp IF your lucky! Cams only get u 15-20bhp for reference. Who ever is telling this is greatly misinforming you. There are some fantastic mappers in this scene, so unless your mapper knows something these greatly experienced people don't, then it's complete rubbish.

You may gain 18bhp from a map if your car was dog**** in the first place and well down on power. I gained 12 in the midrange but you won't gain anything from JUST fuel.

Full Milltek as well, believe what you like it can be done IF you know what to do. I see quite a few forum sponsors on here not posting, I can see why.

Right well you didn't say map, you just said 98RON. Not that it makes a difference what-so-ever!, you're not getting a genuine 18bhp from a map on pump fuel (regardless of it being super). By all means believe it but your car was either ill before or the RR was manipulated on the after run.
I've spent £x000's tuning NA engines, ITB's, BV heads, standalones etc so I'm not some fresh faced forum newbie. Given my clio has just fried it's piston rings (yes literally all you f&f geeks :smiley:!) It's currently looking like I'm doing a high comp rebuild with cams etc, mated to my R3 manifold and I'll be happy with a genuine 220bhp. But maybe I should just go to you mapper right and save myself 4k? :wink:

Mate, not being funny. But some of us have been in this scene a long time, spent lots of money, seen the same results on other cars time and time again. There is more chance of me driving along side lewis Hamilton next year than you getting 18bhp from running 98ron. A map (which requires 98 Ron anyway) and an exhaust will see an absolute max gain on 10bhp IF your lucky! Cams only get u 15-20bhp for reference. Who ever is telling this is greatly misinforming you. There are some fantastic mappers in this scene, so unless your mapper knows something these greatly experienced people don't, then it's complete rubbish.

You may gain 18bhp from a map if your car was dog**** in the first place and well down on power. I gained 12 in the midrange but you won't gain anything from JUST fuel.

Right well you didn't say map, you just said 98RON. Not that it makes a difference what-so-ever!, you're not getting a genuine 18bhp from a map on pump fuel (regardless of it being super). By all means believe it but your car was either ill before or the RR was manipulated on the after run.
I've spent £x000's tuning NA engines, ITB's, BV heads, standalones etc so I'm not some fresh faced forum newbie. Given my clio has just fried it's piston rings (yes literally all you f&f geeks :smiley:!) It's currently looking like I'm doing a high comp rebuild with cams etc, mated to my R3 manifold and I'll be happy with a genuine 220bhp. But maybe I should just go to you mapper right and save myself 4k? :wink:

72a5a8b394a15407a8ed56251b937283375ba4cbd7f4a89da4c69bd39c2ac177.jpg

I see quite a few forum sponsors on here not posting

I'll just leave this here. :rofl:

56826798.jpg