John's GW 200

nice choice of oil..will be getting it for my next oil change..

bit too late but the plastic tray is hold by 5, 10mm bolts..pretty easy to undo and retrieve your oil cap next time...:thumb:

Nice one John! I'm sure we've all got some embarrassing mechanical-based tales that we're too proud to reveal to all!

Like when someone left the filler cap off completely and then drove home. And then subsequently wondered why smoke was coming out from under the bonnet and oil had sprayed everywhere all over the engine bay.... Thankfully in an older car and not the Clio. Friend of a friend. Totally not me. No way.

Like when someone left the filler cap off completely and then drove home. And then subsequently wondered why smoke was coming out from under the bonnet and oil had sprayed everywhere all over the engine bay.... Thankfully in an older car and not the Clio. Friend of a friend. Totally not me. No way.

Aye right I believe you....maybe! :oops:

Reactions: Jimmy
Brilliant John. I once lost a screw cover cap thing in the engine bay of the BMW while cleaning it. Gone forever. Might still be in there somewhere

:smiley:

Reactions: Pav and Johnny 99

I did that in one of my Renault 5’s AND got pulled by the Police the same night. They tried to accuse me of boy racing as there was smoke coming from under the bonnet. I tried to explain but they didn’t believe me. Was actually quite intimidating.

Reactions: Jimmy
still better than come back from a garage and find a tool left on your scuttle panel i guess :excited:

When I had the Twingo RS it went in to Renault and I got all the way back home (25miles) and wasn't til later that day that I saw all the screws the hold the coil packs on, loose in the scuttle panel. :censored:
Mucking fuppets :tearsofjoy:

Reactions: Pav and Jimmy
Nice thread John , love the RS200 with the red wheels !!! :sunglasses:

Whats your thoughts with the Cooksports?
After breaking a front spring on the 182 Cup I replaced all four springs with Cooksports for around the £175 mark, as opposed to £100 a spring for genuine Renault.
And Mick @ Diamond Motors said ffs don't get the cheapo ones from GSF or ECP, the car would end up looking like a 4x4.

So Josh shipped me the springs on a pre 1030 delivery and I got a mechanic down the road to fit them for £80, (as it was unsafe to drive any further than my closest reliable techy)

£25 for a Hunter alignment on the front and they were money well spent.
I found they dropped the ride height by about 20mm, but were much less crashy than the original cup springs.

Clio cooksport.jpg

When I had the Twingo RS it went in to Renault and I got all the way back home (25miles) and wasn't til later that day that I saw all the screws the hold the coil packs on, loose in the scuttle panel. :censored:
does happen but anymore since we have learnt that lesson

I did that in one of my Renault 5’s AND got pulled by the Police the same night. They tried to accuse me of boy racing as there was smoke coming from under the bonnet. I tried to explain but they didn’t believe me. Was actually quite intimidating.

Bloody good job you opened the bonnet...

Nice thread John , love the RS200 with the red wheels !!! :sunglasses:

Whats your thoughts with the Cooksports?
After breaking a front spring on the 182 Cup I replaced all four springs with Cooksports for around the £175 mark, as opposed to £100 a spring for genuine Renault.
And Mick @ Diamond Motors said ffs don't get the cheapo ones from GSF or ECP, the car would end up looking like a 4x4.

So Josh shipped me the springs on a pre 1030 delivery and I got a mechanic down the road to fit them for £80, (as it was unsafe to drive any further than my closest reliable techy)

£25 for a Hunter alignment on the front and they were money well spent.
I found they dropped the ride height by about 20mm, but were much less crashy than the original cup springs.

View attachment 116562
Cooksport springs going on next week (Thursday) & I'm doing a track day at Castle Combe the next day. Hopefully I will see a nice difference.

Reactions: JMR
Nice one John! I'm sure we've all got some embarrassing mechanical-based tales that we're too proud to reveal to all!

naughty Jimmy..must be a mess after opening your bonnet though!!:excited:
think Syer would have a heart attack straight away :shocked:

Reactions: Johnny 99
naughty Jimmy..must be a mess after opening your bonnet though!!:excited:
think Syer would have a heart attack straight away :shocked:

Yeah I wondered what the hell had happened until I saw the cap sitting on the block where I'd left it.... Thankfully it was a long time before the Clio!