John's GW 200

Great to see a project thread for your 200 John! Having seen this car in person, I can say for sure that the seats really are as amazing as they look! I'm also a huge fan of the decals, they totally suit the car. Perfectly done without being over the top.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Not sure about Glenda, but she always says she won't stand in my way car wise as it's my passion. She'd baulk at me spending big money though.
I have been convinced by @///M's picture that I have to do this, but it probably won't be until next year. Anticipation is part of the pleasure apparently.

Looking forward to seeing Tango wheels on yours! :thumb:

Awesome!!! Cant wait to see them on properly - as good as Mes's skills are on photoshop, can't beat the real thing :smiley:

Great to see a project thread for your 200 John! Having seen this car in person, I can say for sure that the seats really are as amazing as they look! I'm also a huge fan of the decals, they totally suit the car. Perfectly done without being over the top.
Thanks Davinder. I still have steering wheel envy for your car though! It's good that we all have different things on our cars to make them more individual and "our" cars. Did I read somewhere that you have Cooksport springs? If so what are your thoughts on them?

Last edited:
Reactions: DS197
Thanks Davinder. I still have steering wheel envy for your car though! It's good that we all have different things on our cars to make them more individual and "our" cars. Did I read somewhere that you have Cooksport springs? If so what are your thoughts on them?
I'm glad it's not just me who thinks it looks good as it's a love or hate design :smile: I certainly agree, it's the personal touches that make the cars look better in our eyes and make us fall in love with them all over again. I've got H&R springs on mine, 30mm front and rear. On country/smooth roads they're great, very little body roll. However they become a little unsettled on high speed bumps and are quite stiff for town driving where you'd come across speed humps. Still and improvement overall from the OEM suspension imo.

Looking mighty fine John looking forward to seeing her a Christmas my friend I'll have to borrow it at Spa next year
I need a shot in the 220 Kev! Passenger ride'll do as I have never used paddles. We'll I have maybe 3 times in my Merc, but tbh there's no pleasure using them on that kind of car.

Very nice John, these cars do look so good with the wheels sticking out that little bit more. Good to hear there's no adverse effect on the driving feel too. As above, the lowering springs will enhance it even more.

Well when I was playing about with the wheels I took a good look at the tyres. I knew they were legal, but put a tread depth guage on them & they were all at around 3mm which is when I start to think about changing them. I usually buy from Blackcircles & get them fitted at the local ATS. Have been a fan of Continentals for years, but was thinking about a change to Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Michelins are a little pricier than the Contis, but I remembered that I'd seen something on Facebook about free fitting on Michelin tyres this month so I took a look. Ended up ordering a full set of PS4 from them for £437.64 all in so quite pleased. being fitted on Thursday.

Well when I was playing about with the wheels I took a good look at the tyres. I knew they were legal, but put a tread depth guage on them & they were all at around 3mm which is when I start to think about changing them. I usually buy from Blackcircles & get them fitted at the local ATS. Have been a fan of Continentals for years, but was thinking about a change to Michelin Pilot Sport 4. Michelins are a little pricier than the Contis, but I remembered that I'd seen something on Facebook about free fitting on Michelin tyres this month so I took a look. Ended up ordering a full set of PS4 from them for £437.64 all in so quite pleased. being fitted on Thursday.

Good price that TBF Jon. One you couldn't and havnt refused !

Look forward to a comparison.

Have you been using 5 XL's; so i can try to work things out in my head once you do ?

Decent price John. Be good to hear your comparison

Good price that TBF Jon. One you couldn't and havnt refused !

Look forward to a comparison.

Have you been using 5 XL's; so i can try to work things out in my head once you do ?

Mine weren't the XLs Shuv as the rears are still the original Conti 3s that were on the car new (I assume as the car only had 9k on the clock when I bought it).Curently on 28.5k so can't complain as that includes 6 track days and a solitary lap of the 'ring. I put 5s on the front, but matched the load rating with the rears. The PS4 are XLs though, as are the winter tyres I use.

Mine weren't the XLs Shuv as the rears are still the original Conti 3s that were on the car new (I assume as the car only had 9k on the clock when I bought it).Curently on 28.5k so can't complain as that includes 6 track days and a solitary lap of the 'ring. I put 5s on the front, but matched the load rating with the rears. The PS4 are XLs though, as are the winter tyres I use.

Cheers for that. A close'ish but not perfect comparison.

Mine had some 3's on when i bought it. (Original too i suspect). And i felt and feel the 5 XL's are in a different World.

Was just 'hoping' it might have been a perfect direct comparison. Alas not.

Either way - i'm sure the PS4's will be the mutts-nutts !

Very interested to hear your thoughts on the 4s too John. My experience with PS3s has almost led me to never considering Michelin again, but a lot of people seem to rate the 4s. Will be good to hear what they're like straight off the back of the lorry.