Jack's Albi Blue Race car build

Hi Guys, thought its time I did a thread for the progress on my little clio I brought off a member on here.
Brought a really nice example 197 with 100k on the clock and full history, mileage wasn't the motive with the buy as I have seen a few 197's with 60k on and there battered and bruised and this one seemed looked after so I went for the purchase and took a 3 hours drive from Worcester to Liverpool after I finished work on a Saturday and picked her up!

Plans were simply to do a megane conversion running a stage 2 forged block and run around 350/380bhp tops on a switchable map whilst being as reliable as possible.
run a stand alone ECU, Some extra cooling fans and potential of meth injection with some inlet modding as these don't cope massively well with the heat in a smaller bay.
things like brakes, suspension etc are all in the pipeline too!
anyway, heres some pics of the car when I picked it up after a good clean

0DB1B896-57EC-400B-A189-5D3631848382_zps5ztbhlzy.jpg

1C6CCFA5-6C6C-4AF6-ACE9-8707FD8418E4_zpsep9xfaqk.jpg

AE0FF84D-4F67-4221-9798-6EDC2D6FEFCB_zpskra7mocv.jpg

Not long after picking it up the work started, first thing to do was get it booked in for the dash flock..I went a bit OTT and had more done than needed, despite most of it coming out when the cage is fitted anyway lol
5872103A-52C1-4716-9CEE-59F840833608_zpskxhcklyf.jpg

B72F1A41-7443-44C5-82AE-AEA9873798D7_zpsfoqzjg1w.jpg

sounds like a very interesting project..where will you have the conversion done?
fingers crossed it all goes ok..

sounds like a very interesting project..where will you have the conversion done?
fingers crossed it all goes ok..
Engine dynamics will carry out the work to the engine, although I've seen fully forged engines selling for 3k, I've always been a bit a skeptical as to what parts have been used and fitted and condition before hand etc so I've just secured a megane 225 engine so will send it over to them for the engine work.
Conversion wise, I work for Toyota and one of my techs used to work for the prodrive development division and he's mega handy with things like this so I'm half tempted to let him have a go as he is currently putting a turbo K20 engine into a smart car lol

but it's not set in stone yet I'm going to wait till I've fully got the rest of the car done I think

England VS Russia was on so I decided to go and strip the interior out ready for the cage, sound deadening came out too

was as quiet at work in the morning so well all (including my sales manager) started to tear things out lol

D211939C-E2AC-4D2B-90C9-DA1543398AE2_zps7vkvqkf5.jpg

0AD1D41D-C071-4E9B-B02D-AFF6BA451F9F_zps6ophxqvx.jpg

0A5B09B1-DCD5-4324-A51A-AADC8C1A1A76_zpse808lcap.jpg

DAC0CE9B-5D86-4EB8-8243-FE382851EBF7_zps5rl9ztol.jpg

fingers crossed..running 350/380 bhp??should eat most of the road cars for breakfast...
will the front axle be able to handle such a power??

fingers crossed..running 350/380 bhp??should eat most of the road cars for breakfast...
will the front axle be able to handle such a power??
Most likely not :w00t:
drive shafts I've found are rated too 500bhp..although that powers in the long run, first of all I'd like to keep a 270/300 map for a but until things get moving but I'll leave it to EJM Motorsport with that
i know of a 400bhp 200 that's been going strong for a few months!

what exhaust will you be getting??
Ill be using a BCS automotive custome exhaust, used them before on previous cars..he designed a system for my old gold edition 30 and the quality is superb.
BCS is ran by a chap who made blueflame exhaust..check out BCS on Facebook as there work is outstanding

Ill be using a BCS automotive custome exhaust, used them before on previous cars..he designed a system for my old gold edition 30 and the quality is superb.
BCS is ran by a chap who made blueflame exhaust..check out BCS on Facebook as there work is outstanding

That'll be Nigel then, excellent work from BCS - used them for Ford RS exhausts in the past

a link pls??cant find it..to many BCS's on FC..
thanks