J9owy's clio r27 no.233

Hello all,

I thought it should be about time i made a project thread.

So to start off i got the car last year, march 2017 (i know this because my mot was due)

so the story gos as soon as i bought it i had a battery warning light on the way home, i was a little bit gutted but it was the car i wanted.. so i got it all the way home anyway and parked it up to figure out what this problem was. (i also don't think the previous owner looked after her very well)

later turns out it was an alternator fault, so off came the front and and a new one got put on.. she ran sweet after that..

_20170407_204106.JPG
received_10154725314084965.jpeg
so she got a special treatment as soon as i got her and it was this moment i thought.. this gearbox don't feel right but it only had one about 6 months before i bought it... I'm guessing they put a 2nd hand one in and it didn't play ball.

but as i use it as a weekend toy this wasn't a issue i just used it until it needed changing.

looking around giving it services and a healthy clean i noticed the dreaded tailgate rust spot under the window... so me being in crash repair i got it booked in to work before it got any worse and done it all myself as soon as i could, so that was all pretty much right away..
DSC_0159.JPG

after that a bit later i had to get some h&r spacers at 25mm and also the springs.. this just made it that bit wider and imo sits really nice now.

so after all the little bits that got done even down to the new alarm bracket switch because it was rusty i just being enjoying it for the year really i had a 182 before the 197.

so start of this year i was thinking this gearbox really needs to get done now I've been putting it off and i knew it was getting worse and getting harder and harder to get in to 3rd and 4th.

so i got a new refurbished box for it, but when i looked at it under the ramp for the mot, as i always ask can i have a peek under it as its the first time you really get a chance to see it all (if you don't have a ramp)

and the manifold.. it looked like a frankensteins piece, bits bodged on here and there.. sooo.. i got a new toyosport one for it, it fitted the price braket and it works wonders. so because of that i had to do the powerflex engine mount kit upgrade.. i wasn't going to do them all at first but i thought meh why not...

so first things the engine mount one does make the whole car vibrate more.. its not a daily so it don't bother me. but they do make a difference no rocking at all..

i give it to someone and asked them can you fit all that, its to much work for me to do on a driveway, its just not possible where i am.

so while all that was being done yep i went for a cup spoiler i know its marmite on a few but i love it, it changes the back end completely, and gives it a nice shape..

and here we are i have my car back running and drivable.

next on the list is:
a new fan (my squeals on run up and run down)

cobra resonated system not sure what tip type yet as i say the exhaust has been bodged so many times but it don't blow yet....

Attachments

• DSC_0194.JPG
    DSC_0194.JPG
    3 MB · Views: 13
  • FB_IMG_1492494186794.jpg
    FB_IMG_1492494186794.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 12
I couldn't seem to attach all the files so here is the exhaust manifold and powerflex goodies

Attachments

• DSC_0441.JPG
    5.6 MB · Views: 9
  • DSC_0446.JPG
    6.1 MB · Views: 7