ITG Maxogen proven increase

well whatever the results, its nice to have some good, well structured debate! :smile:

+1, its quite funny reading through this, some people are never happy, lol

Richy mate, the main thing is that your happy with it and it looks like it has made a difference, be good to get an update after you've driven it a bit.

+1, its quite funny reading through this, some people are never happy, lol

Richy mate, the main thing is that your happy with it and it looks like it has made a difference, be good to get an update after you've driven it a bit.

I'm absolutely thrilled by it, especially with the gains all through the revrange. But that's what's bothering me - seems too good to be true. :huh:

I don't see the point of running the V6 or the R3 airbox in the Renault Sport Clio Cup/R3 if you can get the same effect, and even better than with the RS airbox?

05072009513.jpg

05072009516.jpg

This Maxogen is smaller, lighter, cheaper, and obviously - it gives the same power.

i had one of these on my RB fitted by k-tec and mapped to suit and felt a huge difference driving back home with it,noise,power,response all increased, lookslike you've had some really good gains too mate!!

@Richy - was the hood open or closed on the Dyno ?

?

MAYBE this is the key - had this once with a car of a friend - hood was open on the Dyno and he had much better results than it really was - like on street use with closed hood - with the open K&N induction.

If thats the case I reckon everyone will be removing their bonnets at the weekend for a few extra ponies, that would be the cheapest mod going :rofl:

I'm a little surprised at the response to this to be honest, I don't believe a lot of at fly claims by rolling roads but this isn't that sort of thing, same rollers, same day just a different air intake. The curve isn't going to be that much different it's a 6bhp increase, not 20, he's not fitted cams.

On the other hand what I'd like to see is how the filter performs on a standard car, the mods Richy has had done may have made the filter I've a better result than on a standard car. But please don't see me as being negative with that comment, I'm just curious. This is a great result :smile:

?

MAYBE this is the key - had this once with a car of a friend - hood was open on the Dyno and he had much better results than it really was - like on street use with closed hood - with the open K&N induction.

open on both runs however the way the induction kit sits in makes little difference as its piped from behind the light not just sitting open.

Rich I agree with that comment I think that it made more than people thought as its already modified and is running cams already.

I don't question it looks strange on the graph as they are very similar but I couldn't perform a better test I feel unless it was a standard car I was using.

Must have been the company fiddling the results......! :tongueout:

Great effort to take pics and do this little experiment for the site. I've always considered using that maxogen kit but didn't want to risk the £300 on little gains. However you stuck your neck out and we finally have an alternative to the awkward v6 airbox setup.

P.s. Richy are you the proud owner of the 200 down laindon every Sunday eve?

yeah I wanted to prove it once and for all and it may of ended costing me for 2 rolling road sessions but I feel worth it as shows people what's out there.

Haha yeah I am :smiley:

Having driven in today to work which I try to do less of haha it does feel a lot stronger and feels like it wants to get up and go more and just feels more torquey :smile: Coming off of roundabouts or out of bends it just seems to pick up better and feels stronger. Loving the way it is now!! A fantastic mod in my eyes :smiley:

yeah I wanted to prove it once and for all and it may of ended costing me for 2 rolling road sessions but I feel worth it as shows people what's out there.

Haha yeah I am :smiley:

Didn't even realise it was you lol, you raced my misses too. Maybe I'll bring mine down one eve too.

I knew it was you and your misses :wink: loved the induction noise from her car :smiley:

I think you should :wink: want to hear those itbs!

Lol what a prat I am, only just realising your a club member :tongueout:

Anyway back to thread topic, got any pictures of the fitted kit?

haha thought the white blade was a give away :wink:

yeah this terrible picture in the dark haha need to sort the fitting out as not quite right

2012-02-01202300.jpg

So whats stopping the flexi hose from coming off the end of the Maxogen? Doesnt look to be held on with anything?

Wow that's a tight fit! Does it not rub on the bulkhead?

Looks better than that poxy twin entry standard job though, and dare I say less 'bodged' than the v6 box....

So whats stopping the flexi hose from coming off the end of the Maxogen? Doesnt look to be held on with anything?

nothing but the flexi hose is held firm by the inner wing and battery box and it hasn't come off yet. I am going to try and move it so I can get it held on.

Wow that's a tight fit! Does it not rub on the bulkhead?

Looks better than that poxy twin entry standard job though, and dare I say less 'bodged' than the v6 box....

luckily not! Haha. It must of done on the car it came off as can see marks.

The only bad bit is the flexi hose as looks cheap. looks great in there otherwise :smiley:

Think removing the standard air box gubbins and perhaps a smaller battery would help for a better looking installation?

All the standard airbox pieces have gone its just the battery side of things. Im looking into a different battery depends how well I can jiggle it.