ITG Maxogen proven increase

Well well indeed!!so it is not the placebo effect the figures are more or less what K-TEC have said.I waited to see the maxogen in the flesh and have a run out in Hendersons and i was impressed so i got one.I put it on with the standard batttery and ITG pipe and was ok but went down the same root henderson went with the varley redtop and 90 degree pipe and felt tad better.Ive just put a K-tec cat back on and pulls even better so looking forward to getting a map in the next few months:thumbup:

the company don't sell this filter at all. They specalise in track/race and rally cars along with omex engine mapping. I fitted the filter at my own house too so the company I used for their rolling road and that was it.

The thread was to kill off these arguements haha. I can see what you mean but the curve is slightly different.

how come this only fits RHD cars?

because of the shape of the silicone hose that comes with the maxi,it can't just be turned upside down to suit LHD cars,if u did however use a custom set up and use a 90 degree silicone hose then it would fit no bother

ahh thanks, i wanted to get one but this has put me off a bit :worried: may wait for the other options that are in the pipeline

the maxi's are good but i still think the R3 airbox will be a better option by the looks of the thing,i'll certainly be swapping my maxi for one,can't beat a bit of ram air

I meant the company that produces the airbox :wink:

Yes, but that curve looks extremely similar compared to the first one.
For a car with a different air intake, that is peculiar (compared to the 197/200 cars I've seen on a dyno with before and after runs).
If an air intake does provide a gain, the curve should show that, not just by being higher but also the timing of torque/horsepower being produced at a certain rpm.
Another weird observation is that this intake offers the same gain as an R3 airbox.
And the R3 airbox gains are considered the highest.

Anyway, just observing that's all.
Enjoy the intake and have fun :thumbup:

What are you suggesting the increased graph should look like? Its not going to peak or spike in area's?

Its not like a new set of cams or throttle bodies has been fitted. Its going to produce a similar power curve as before.

Please show some of these 'other' rolling road print outs, so we can see and understand what your are saying.

What are you suggesting the increased graph should look like? Its not going to peak or spike in area's?

Its not like a new set of cams or throttle bodies has been fitted. Its going to produce a similar power curve as before.

Please show some of these 'other' rolling road print outs, so we can see and understand what your are saying.

I'm gonna agree with Richy and FMP on this one. :thumbup:

Nice work Richy, fair play to you for jumping in and doing some hands-on research.

Good news for the nay-sayers too, seems it does make an improvement.

*EDIT* - Just read the rest of the thread past Page 1... Some people are never happy!!! :smiley:

Last edited:
Often when an intake offers a substantial gain (like 6whp in this case), the power delivery changes.
Not as much as when you change cams, but there is a change.

This is soooooo true!

It's the only reason why am I still sceptical.

6whp?!

That's an awsome figure to gain just with the intake, when it comes to Clio.
I got ~16,9 whp more with V6 airbox, K&N panel filter, Miltek exhaust with Miltek 200 cell sport cat, lightweight flywheel & a remap.

I don't keep print outs of every car that I have watched on the dyno.
However, I believe Raptor6767 use to have a dyno sheet that clearly shows the gains of a V6 airbox and the difference of a before and after run.

I wanted to show that dyno sheet too, thx for saving me the effort. :wink:

"Race mode" vs my stock car:

And my car was <50m in front of the same stock 197 that I used to race against before the mods. The same driver, the same conditions (weight of a car, road,...). I was fast as a stock R26 from rolling start (50-200km/h). Doing <14.6s @ 1/4mile.

I had a similar gains with the remap after the Miltek exhaust - the curve practically just went up (mods: K&N panel filter with stock airbox, Miltek exhaust, 200 cell sport cat & remap VS my stock car):

And his before/after dyno did the same as did mine with the remap.

I'm not saying that anyone's a liar, it's just that I've heard so many tales about gains from such "cheap" mods that always turn out to be "too good to be true". :group:

P.S. Oh, and another thing - another intake mod - ported inlets - you can see the different power/torque curve:

clio197dastekprijeiposl.jpg

clio197dastekprijeiposl.jpg

After that mod, I gained another 2 lengths of a car (you all know that the faster you are, you need much more power to have the same gains on the road that you got before when you had less power) and as you can see - the power didn't drop after 7krpm.

Last edited:
so first we have a print out of a dyno run where its a stock car vs heavily modified? So pointless to this thread.

Then we have a second print out, showing gains after a miltek and remap, which shows no major peaks or gains, just a general increase over the initial curve.

So no real 'game changer'.

6whp is a very healthy gain, and i am also suprised. But Richy has literally had a RR test done. Gone home, bolted on the ITG, done some miles, come back and had another RR test performed. Giving the stated results.

Totally indipendant of any company or tuner. The facts are black and white. I dont see why it is being questioned.

If someone feels its not 100% accurate, then feel free to go buy the same induction kit and perform the same test.

To me, its extra info about these cars/engines that we didnt have yesterday. So we ALL benefit!!!

how did it gain power in such a way then? I don't understand how the same dyno can be questioned on the same day and same conditions.

so first we have a print out of a dyno run where its a stock car vs heavily modified? So pointless to this thread.

I got the car on the dyno to see the difference between stock airbox & the V6 airbox - so that's the only difference:

Clio-197---Miltek--V6-airbox--lightweight-flywheel--remap-VS-Miltek--remap.jpg

6whp is a very healthy gain, and i am also suprised.

Me too. I wouldn't say anything if he got 2-3bhp, but 6Whp...that's, IMHO, hard to believe. Not saying that I don't believe.

But Richy has literally had a RR test done. Gone home, bolted on the ITG, done some miles, come back and had another RR test performed. Giving the stated results.

Totally indipendant of any company or tuner. The facts are black and white. I dont see why it is being questioned.

This is what bothers me the most in my scepticism - according to the above facts - the dyno results are/should be true. And I believe that he did the best thing with having car on the dyno the same day.

I'M NOT SAYING THAT I'M RIGHT, hell, even I'm starting to believe in the results - because of the way he conducted his "research". The same rollers, on the same day, only the airbox mod. :smiley:

To me, its extra info about these cars/engines that we didnt have yesterday. So we ALL benefit!!!

True, and it's nice when ppl post their results. I'm not trying to be negative, I'm just stunned by the fact he got 6Whp, and the curve looks the same.

I don't understand how the same dyno can be questioned on the same day and same conditions.

I really can't argue with that.

Only if different standards were used on each run...but I don't believe that.