ITG Maxogen or KTR Clio 3 RS induction kit

Jmax

197 F1 Team
Platinum Member
I'm thinking of putting an induction kit on the R27 and have narrowed it down to these two.

They are coming in around the same money.

So my question is, which would you go for given the choice? And I know the power gains won't be massive, but does anyone know rough figures?

Thanks,
John

I'd go with the itg proven many times as the best option arround have a chat with smoggy he will sort you a kit

itg are a massive company that spend thousands on development, had one on my leon k1 and my focus rs and very pleased with the sound and the performance gains i got, also a proven 6bhp increase using the itg on the clio, this is only my apnion mind .

Never been a big fan of a open filter on the NA though they do sound nice,I would say gain wise around 4-5bhp with the maxogen maybe a bit more with a map and a varley redtop15 as it will free up a bit more room and direct air flow to the filter.

9113200125_2fb85450ce_b.jpg

Never been a big fan of a open filter on the NA though they do sound nice,I would say gain wise around 4-5bhp with the maxogen maybe a bit more with a map and a varley redtop15 as it will free up a bit more room and direct air flow to the filter.

9113200125_2fb85450ce_b.jpg

actually mark thats a worse setup!! You've got a restricted inlet to an open filter in that housing with no guarantee of cool air to it as its just open ended into a hot engine bay once the bonnet is shut

I've just fitted a ktec to mine and the grunt/growl is immense, the amount of looks you get lol I've got a custom exhaust cat back and I can't here it much now because of the noise of the induction lol defiantly pulls slightly harder and gear change from 1st to second is slightly quicker.. IMO ktec is by far better you still keep the standard inlet hose from the front grill which feeds into the ktec housing straight to the filter what more could you want the only better idea would for ktec to put a complete surrounding around the filter and bobs your uncle lol plus I think the itg looks bulky and like [MENTION=4713]MarkH[/MENTION] said it gets warmer when the bonnets shut, I'll get picks up tomo but there's enough on here anyway

actually mark thats a worse setup!! You've got a restricted inlet to an open filter in that housing with no guarantee of cool air to it as its just open ended into a hot engine bay once the bonnet is shut

Hmmmmm!the end of the filter is in a natural place to take the cool air like the standard original setup where the acoustic air pipe is,Ive tried all the other setups and this is by far the most responsive and has never bogged down even in stop start on the M1 in 30 plus heat.