itg cleaning

just cleaned filter useing petrol as recomended by ITG.but should i oil the filter on both sides or just the underside.i must just say MERLIN MOTORSPORT where very good getting the itg retention oil to me in one day.any thoughts on this.

think i may of put to much oil in filter,just had a look and there was a white puddle at bottom of airbox. might have to clean again and oil just a little.itg say you never have to clean,but it looked dirty.

mines been in 2yrs - only ever pulled off the larger pieces of dirt and turn it around to stop the oil collecting at the bottom of the filter

White stuff, sounds like you got it wet? Oil & water will do this.
You can clean as often as you like, the key is not to spray too much oil on before installing. Just enough to cover the surface.

Not wet,that's the colour of the oil.cleand it up and dabed the excess oil off.will leave it standing in my garage for the day. Put the standard one in for now .

well the update on the filter cleaning is as follows..emailed ITG to make sure the oil was ok,as it seemed not right.this is there response.
There isn’t a problem with you cleaning the filter but it sounds like you
have used the wrong oil, and too much of it.

The JDR-1 which you have (it has a white marker dye) is intended mainly for
race use - it is a very light oil that is easy to clean off after every
race.

The oil you should have used is our JDR-2 which is a lot stickier and less
prone to run off the filter when over oiled.

All you need to do is wash the filter out again (petrol is good) and then
re-oil with the JDR-2 (being careful not to over oil the filter).

Best regards

Andy Jackson

Technical Support Advisor

Induction Technology Group Ltd

www.itgairfilters.com so if you clean your filters make sure you all get the JDR2 OIL.