200T: It true I actually like it..

I do agree with the lack of marketing on them

Although on the other hand of the lack of them on the road may help the value if they are quite rare

Ford did this year's ago with the Focus ST. When it 1st came out the were commanding a premium as there was so few.of them out. Then they saw how popular they had become and flooded the marketplace with them and all of a sudden the value dropped as they were everywhere

Mind you that was years ago.

The seat option would have been nice but I'm guessing it all boils down to crash testing the car again and all the safety elements

Rlink has been fine for me but the fascia around it is a bit naff

For me, its evolution but its driven (excuse the pun) by the accountants and shareholders at Renault. IMO if you said to the engineers at Renaultsport, build us the next Clio, not sure it have been designed like this one. It appears this car was made with one hand tied behind their back, and it felt like that TV programme where their given a box of parts, and brief to design something with them.

I think once it was released was always going to divide opinions, that was inevitable. The new car actually works better for me personally and professionally with the changes but I'm old, married and got children and I'm a child protection social worker so that says it all about the car!!! lol Its kind of I cant afford (or my partner wont let me) keep the Clio 197/200 and have a grown up sensible but interesting car too. This car feels ideal for that, kind of straddles both schools of thought which is a real positive....

Took one for a test drive, and the wife said, I like this, we should have one. Once she said that, I knew Renault got it equally so right but also so, so, so wrong. The wife hates my Clio and refuses to drive it. Its too fast, too loud, in your face, too low, people want to race you, its un-comfy......blah, blah, blah. Yep its a Clio Rs and I'm guessing Kenny is on a mission to put some of that DNA back into it. It seems others just bought a ST.

For the money, if you want or need a new fast car, not sure what else I'd have in 4 doors for 20K? Gonna be an even better secondhand car.

I see there's a smashed up one on Fleebay.....Maybe another Litchy project car?

Last edited:
I seen that same car the other day

Deffo worth a punt for the sake of a rear beam/suspension

Completely agree with the above comments

I'm just trying to make my 200T my own instead of running with the pack

:smile:

I drove one for the first time in Germany and I was extremely impressed with it. It didn't deel anything like a Clio RS, but in Race mode it was so fun. Flappy paddles took a whil to get used too, but I still enjoyed drivin the car.

Still have reservations with the looks, and I wouldn't buy one. But it was a lot better and nicer than I thought it was going to be. I could see my Mrs using it as a daily then me using it as a track slag, it bridges that cross over very well.

I drove one for the first time in Germany and I was extremely impressed with it. It didn't deel anything like a Clio RS, but in Race mode it was so fun. Flappy paddles took a whil to get used too, but I still enjoyed drivin the car.

Still have reservations with the looks, and I wouldn't buy one. But it was a lot better and nicer than I thought it was going to be. I could see my Mrs using it as a daily then me using it as a track slag, it bridges that cross over very well.

Drove!? You hammered a 200T in Germany :smiley: Was very fun though haha.

You could have done if it didn't shut as we were about to go out yesterday lol. [MENTION=3203]Rogue[/MENTION]

Interesting read that Angel, I'm sure Kenny's car with all these expensive mods is miles better that stock and again, hats off to him for taking the plunge and go against the norm.

I've said it in the past, if you are happy with your car then it's the only thing that matters and this car apparently ticks a lot of boxes for people out there. The more boxes the better:wink:

However I would like to add that people are not haters if/when they say that they don't like it. It's a personal opinion and in my eyes has to be respected. I don't hate the car, I just don't like it. I drove Ktecs modified one (brakes and remap), I drove it hard and I'm afraid to say that it didn't give me the thrills.

Looks...well it's the same as with the 172/182 for me. I would never buy one because I don't like it, I'd buy a Williams every single day of the year but I was too young back then and couldn't afford it. But when I saw the 197 I was like boom, this is hot...I could also see me owning a 200 if the 197 was not around.

Speaking of looks, I will just drop this link here...

https://flic.kr/p/nqN6VP