I'm back

lilgregs

Platinum Member
Hey all,

I was recently involved In accident involving a white transit van pulling out of a side road and driving straight into the front of my Clio 200 black. Sadly to say she was written off.

After all the insurance etc a month later I'm back looking on the market. Did a couple posts on here asking about LY, AG or Raider's. I wanted a nice good year tidy miles and good service history and condition etc. After looking hard I managed to find a 62 plate LY with around 30k miles sat nav, cup packs but no recaros. :worried:. I rang the garage holding my old Clio and asked about my seats and they said I could have them if I wanted to remove then. Instantly I'm on my way down there 30 minutes later there removed in the boot of my friends car and I'm driving home with a smile on my face :smile:.

A week later I viewed the LY 200 and loved it. I know the colour is not everyone's cup of tea. But was lovely. It's still under dealer warranty. All be it only to December as that's when it's 4 years old. After the 12 hour round trip involving trains coaches and the long drive home. I arrived safely at home. The next day I spent about about swapping the seats and applying the resistors from the guide found on here. Was really easy.

Photos will be uploaded soon!

I'm trying to take/upload some but it says it's too large. :/ any help.
Jeez I'm useless with stuff like that. I just upload to photobucket and copy the link in (with the img prefix suffix) and it works. Someone else will be able to advise I'm sure

Jeez I'm useless with stuff like that. I just upload to photobucket and copy the link in (with the img prefix suffix) and it works. Someone else will be able to advise I'm sure

Figured it out in the end I just resized them. :smile:

Bet you were well happy when they said you could go get the recaros! Car looks great, LY is the best colour IMO Love it!

I was so sceptical about LY when I saw mine on auto trader, I was thinking it'd look more like that horrible washed out yellow that Vauxhall use! Couldn't have been more wrong though, in person the colour is mega, something pictures never seem to do justice!

As mentioned though, there will always be the haters! Good work on the recaros, I still have standard in mine but not sure how comfortable I'd be trying to fit recaro's, I'm not well trained with a spanner!

awesome..glad you stuck to the RS brand...really happy you managed to find a good example..enjoy

Reactions: LOCKE
Good to hear you found another 200! Must have been gutting when your black one was written off! That's cool about the Recaro seats too, you lucked in there! LY is an awesome colour, one of the best!

I was so sceptical about LY when I saw mine on auto trader, I was thinking it'd look more like that horrible washed out yellow that Vauxhall use! Couldn't have been more wrong though, in person the colour is mega, something pictures never seem to do justice!

As mentioned though, there will always be the haters! Good work on the recaros, I still have standard in mine but not sure how comfortable I'd be trying to fit recaro's, I'm not well trained with a spanner!

It's so easy 4 t40 bolts and that's it. Takes 10 mins tops. But yeah the colour is amazing!

Lovely!!! If the garage knew the price of them seats they might have thought twice lol!!

I'd like to know which people that Ly isn't there cup of tea!