ideal suspension setup

Legend@wheels

Gold Member
hi folks
im looking for a new suspension setup - as it looks now the coilovers are better on any other spring/shock absorber mixes.
what would you recommend to get?
dont care about comfort and looks (lowering the car)since its not my daily car.(only matters is feeling,controling ability,minimize body roll -pure performance in one word)
been recommended to buy h&r and b14 bilsteins,what you think?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I have a set of Ast's to be fitted to mine so cant really comment yet sorry - I know @///M has an updated B14/B16 installed and hes a HUGE fan of them!

I'm very happy with my B14's. Excellent for the road, but most say there's better out there for track only cars. For me, spot on comfort wise and the body roll has reduced plenty, perfect 'fast road' setup IMO.

I have been using H&R lowering springs with cup shocks, and have to say for a relatively cheap setup they have been great on track. Have just invested in a set of new KW V3's, which are said to be one of the better setups, but not cheap. AST setup is even more expensive.

B14 setup is more for fast road and occasional track, so really depends on what you'll be using it for.

ok so as i said above - its not a daily car but not a track car either.
it will be driven thru public roads but the use is mostly for track .
uhmm and as for adjustable ,can be but i rather not.
so all recommandations is welcome ,thx chaps

i came up with these 3:
b14/b16/h&r ,what do you think?

p.s i have the new top mounts ( dont know if they all make those for me too)
Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Last edited:
B16's? is that what mes (@///M) is running? they are adjustable, aren't they?

Peter, sorry for the late reply. Yes they're B16 but Bilstein want to call them B14 for some reason. Who knows? Marketing decision no doubt. As far as I know, we're still the only ones running them.

Reactions: peter