i want a loud induction noise .....

Fiiiiiinally you're coming North with a meet in the North West haha, not too sure about this camping malarky but if thats what the general thinking is then I'm more than happy to go along with it...I know a few very good drives around the Lakes so I don't mind accepting respnsibility as tour guide...KEEP ME POSTED!

Im originally from up there :smile: but thats another story and OT LOL

Sorry for the OT in your thread.. back OT :wink:

Last edited:
i only mentioned id like a bit more grunt lol ......some people hey lol crazy fool.....

Sorry, but you never actually mentioned grunt or power, just noise.

While on some cars altering the induction setup can have a positive impact, the 197/200 doesn't seem to respond well, at least it doesn't without mapping, hence the popularity of free flowing panel filters, retaining the original airbox, etc. The same may be true of removing one of the cats from the exhaust (I think there are two), the reduction in back pressure can give a noticable flat spot mid way through the rev range.

As with many naturally aspirated performance cars, straightforward modifications are few and far between, and seldom inexpensive. Cams can have a positive impact, but they will typically move the power further up the rev range, there are mixed opinions on matched inlet manifolds, I have heard that in some cases they make no difference at all, though that perhaps depends on who and how they were done. A remap can also be useful to improve the performance when cold, and to maximise the benfit of any other mods.

Whatever you do though, manage your expectations, I would suggest that much over 220PS would be a really good result, and even that would take a lot of money being spent.