i think i want a turbo!

Well I've had it a full day...

I have owned some quick cars. The last was a Audi a3 quattro sleeper with 458 hp from a rather worked on 20v 1.8t engine running an HTA wheeled M spec GT30 turbo from Owens along with my own tubular manifold.

I drove the 197 to work today, my BMW is in for painting due to a cyclist..another story, so I'm in the old girl for a few weeks. Love the noise it makes, no so much the progress :wink: I'm thinking Meg already!

What's my motor and box worth? 67,000 all the belts, dephaser, and a new clutch. Bill for £700 in parts. Plus a ktecmatched inlet and tubular exhaust manifold. Also s ktec induction kit.

I'd say the engine is worth about 5-600, and the manifold (if it's a K-Tec one) is worth around 4-500. Induction kit around 100.

Last edited:
Reactions: wanger
If you're looking to sell the gearbox @wanger can u drop me a message please bud? Assuming it's in good nick.

OK. I'm considering my options. The box is sweet. I'll put an add up I think soon. It's a great set up so would be good to leave bolted as one.

Reactions: Big Ben
Crikey this was fast, you've only had her a day :tearsofjoy: ... one more person to add to the list of people I'm jealous of on this forum.

Good luck with the conversion! :thumb:

Crikey this was fast, you've only had her a day :tearsofjoy: ... one more person to add to the list of people I'm jealous of on this forum.

Good luck with the conversion! :thumb:
Well it that area supercharger. I've read the how to but I'm confused / about the ecu swap

Well it that area supercharger. I've read the how to but I'm confused / about the ecu swap

You remove the Clio ecu which has the immobiliser coded on it, and sent it and the Megane ecu to RS Tuning (or K-Tec or EFI), and they code the Clio immobiliser onto the Megane ecu. When you get them back, you plug in the Megane ecu and it starts using your Clio key. It's as simple as that.

Totally understand where you are coming from wanting more power i've tinkered with the idea of a meg conversion or a supercharger myself but i personally can't justify how much it will cost . Even tho i'am considering moving on after a couple of months this car is one i just had to own to tick off my list :smile:

I don't think it's that expensive. I can do it myself.
You remove the Clio ecu which has the immobiliser coded on it, and sent it and the Megane ecu to RS Tuning (or K-Tec or EFI), and they code the Clio immobiliser onto the Megane ecu. When you get them back, you plug in the Megane ecu and it starts using your Clio key. It's as simple as that.
It was the comments about but control and boost control I didn't get. Vital parts I'd say.

Last 2 post on the how to do a Meg 225 conversion

"Basically the ecu's are exactly the same. It's just the software that's different.

Add the loom, boost valve, missing vvt, etc to that and your best bet is to use the megane ecu and loom.

You'll need a ph.2/r26 euro 4 ecu"

Last 2 post on the how to do a Meg 225 conversion

"Basically the ecu's are exactly the same. It's just the software that's different.

Add the loom, boost valve, missing vvt, etc to that and your best bet is to use the megane ecu and loom.

You'll need a ph.2/r26 euro 4 ecu"

The boost solenoid is in the inlet pipe (the one the air filter attaches to). VVT - 225 doesn't have it, and even if you use a 250 engine (which has vvt), the 225 ecu can't control it so it's irrelevant. You also don't need an r26 ecu, any 225 ecu is fine as long as it's Euro 4.

In the pic below, the arrowed bit is the breather, the thing above it is the boost solenoid.

megane_air_filter_zps4f21c113.png

Can the tuner ID the ecu? I'm considering a whole car, usually how I do conversions if I'm honest. Are Euro 4 megs any different? Ie a facelift etc?

Can the tuner ID the ecu? I'm considering a whole car, usually how I do conversions if I'm honest. Are Euro 4 megs any different? Ie a facelift etc?

RS Tuning told me there was no way of knowing going by the ecu alone unfortunately. I 'think' Euro 4 cars are those made after November 2005, something to do with emissions I think, but not 100% sure on that. Don't think anything physically changed on the car.