How to change the plastic pedals?

I bought a set of metal pedals to replace the standard ones, but it looks like its very complicated to get the old ones off.. does anybody know if there is a how to anywhere on here or other sites?

The last thing i want to do is pay Renault to do it because they trashed my interior when i got them to fit my seats :worried:

nothing on here and not heard of any other sites to be honest.....you maybe the "first" !

do they have rubber grips on the new pedals? without them they can get very slippy when wet.

If you cant get the old ones off (not the best method) but drill the new and screw them on to the existing pedal.

The pedals I've bought are taken from a 197 not a halford job :tongueout: it's the pedals and the metal arms! Plus I've Been given the whole metal structure what they attach to :-S including a load of sensors.. Im in way over my head :tongueout: thought it would be a undo the old ones, attach new arms job done. :-(

the existing 197 pedals are rivetted on to my recollection. only way is to drill tthe old ones off and fit the old ones but if the new ones dont fit ure pretty screwed cus itd be a job n half to get em back on.

you have the complete pedal box assembly - cant be that hard then if you have all that

should just be a case of unbolt here unbolt there unclip a few wires and wham bam job done !

Don't the old rubber ones just pull off? (should be lipped over the pedals)

Have a look underneath and see if you can seen anything.

Just had a look at my dads scenic and the rubber pedals are just lipped over and just pull off, don't know if the 197 is the same.

EDIT: Just read your last reply, don't bother changing the pedal box assembly just drill out the rivets and fit the metal pedal covers to your car.

Last edited:
197's all come with aluminium pedals. I cant see y u wud have different pedals?

lmao sorry sorry, i shudnt be so snobby about some cheap nasty aluminium pedals lol

Better grip for the track??

Yeah thats what i heard, apparently they are made from the same rubber as the R888s???

Hence why when i get in my car in the morning my feet keep slipping off the pedal but once they warm up my god i could heel and toe all day lol :wink: