How long before we see the mk4 megane ?

They're slightly different cars, the atom doesn't have aircon.

Will sell to different people, those who can't have more than one car will go for the megane and IMO it will sell alright!

I'm not saying it won't sell, i'm saying it won't be worth 30k in 3 years.

As for the no air con argument, the Trophy -R does NOT have air con.

i've been on lots of trackdays and apart from the RS track days i'm yet to come across another Mk3 meg apart from Paul B who was with me in his old one and even he used to bring his old .R most of the time.

I would say around 3/4 of track day goers i meet are in caterhams, atoms, radicals etc. the other 1/4 is usally made up mostly of porkers with odds and sods making the rest up.

Mentalpen I would say around 3/4 of track day goers i meet are in caterhams said:
I would say that at most track days I have attended and I have done a few, there is usually an R26R. Personally I had a 265 Trophy, fantastic track car, but just a tad big on the country roads, new R will hopefully make the ideal replacement for the old R, if I won the lottery I'd have one. Good on Renault for actually bringing proper cars out, Ford just don't bother these days, the new Focus RS won't even venture to the Ring and the promise of light weight specials is just a dream for other manufacturers.

I can see the adds in a few years though forsale, with the akra ohlins etc 3000 miles £30000

I've got a few clients looking at the new R, I think it sells to a different demographic than the cheaper renaults. These guys already have a few cars...

That's exactly who will be buying them.

Someone who has a £300k aventador they don't want to damage on track will think nothing of £36k for a track ready megane.

Will we see the new meg in 2014 Paris auto show though, as much as we all love the 250/265/275 this is a car that in its ordinary form debuted in late 2008 and we, I would like to see the next generation soon, the new espace is probably closest to being revealed, but maybe the Meg will arrive soon as well, there's some nice touches seen on the new Espace spy shots and some of these will translate into what we see on the new megane for sure, can't believe Renault would wait another year with the megane replacement really...

2014? I very much doubt that, especially after the ph2 hasn't been out long.

Well the ph2 to be frank has been the minor facelift which did no good to the car anyway, the ph3 is revealed last year Frankfurt and is the current face of the megane family. As much as I agree, its (ph3) been out there for a short period of time to be replaced by a new model, remember the Twingo facelift? that was less than 9-10 months in production, I do wonder how do the sales numbers compare - twinge when the stopped the last model and megane right now.

Also the 275-R being shown, which must be the finale for the current megane in the RS guise, shortly after the R26.R was revealed the mk3 megane showed up at the next Paris show. I want to see a new megane seriously, a lot of potential customers do, a lot of appealing cars able to compete with the meg are available now or will soon be introduced. I do like the new civic type-r a lot, can't believe I would choose the megane now it was available to order...

I think the twingo was changed after a manufacturer collaboration was it not? it was done with/along side merc/smart ?

Well it had to be planned prior to the collaboration in respect to the new twingo,

3 EURO NCAP stars also don't do any good to the Renault brand...

Guess time will tell, I will not bet any money on it, but I think there should be a new megane this year in Paris.

It is beyond any reason to leave the megane for another year, the competion in respect to the ordinary range has moved so far that the standard megane is no longer a competitive product.

If I am not wrong it is the oldest currently offered Compact hatch, 308, C4, Focus, Astra, Golf, Civic, Auris, Leon, Octavia, Giulietta, not mentioning the premium brands, all are newer, some already expecting/receiving facelifts, the Fiat Bravo which I thought was older turns out to be out of production right now waiting I guess for a 500 type of a successor.

It is also a good timing for the new Megane to be revealed as there will be no other world premieres in this segment, other brands are too short from the introduction of their cars to show anything new in megane's market.

I wonder if the rear gives it away as a Renault [emoji23]

Bit of class jerno work there.