How do I change wiper blades?

I feel like a retard for asking but can't see an obvious way that the original blades come off and the manual is far from helpful.

Please help...:confused1:

Push the 2 nobbley bits in and then they pull or slide off. The arms are litterally a sraight bit of metal with a little kink in them. I wasn't too sure when I changed mine last month either, so you aren't a retard!

See i pushed the nobbly bits and one broke clean off in my hand, they don't seem to want to budge. I walked away from doing it in the end because I was getting to the stage of 'lets try brute force' but the blades are really bad now and I've got to change them lol

yeah they do snap off easily.

only meant to be fitted once

for 2x wipers from dealers its £36

couldnt find any pattern ones which fitted apart from online but i couldnt wait for postage as the drivers side was shagged

just nip the 2 tabs together and hold the wiper arm with one hand and pull the blad directly off with the other

you have to be pretty brutal with them if theyre like mine were!

Nightmare tbh! Lol! Wiperblades.co.uk. Quick delivery and good prices. Got some Valeo ones off there but I can't remember the price.

the OE renault ones are valeo so they will be the same just a different box and a fair bit cheaper i reckon lol

I bought the specific bosch ones for mine, waiting for them to be delivered.

£21.60 posted :smile:

The Bosch ones didn't look like they would be right, so I got the Valeo ones. They look like they have changed the design slightly from the ones I had on my car previously. I think the newer ones have spread the weight further along the wiper to sure the problem the old ones had of splitting in the middle.

I got the wiperblade.co.uk own brand as ive used them before on different motors. They do the job fine and are nice and quiet. Quite a bit cheaper too!

I'm having the same issue now and feel a dick! haha. The 'nobbly' bits won't budge! and the blade won't move in any direction!

it pull off the direction of the arm if you get what i mean, but they are on tight, i got a front and rear set for about 15 quid a few weeks ago the blade are fine i been using the same place for last few cars..

it pull off the direction of the arm if you get what i mean, but they are on tight, i got a front and rear set for about 15 quid a few weeks ago the blade are fine i been using the same place for last few cars..

So you grip the two toggle things (which don't give in or compress at all!) and the wiper blade will pull off - in which direction - towards the wiper base, the end of the wiper arm?

So you grip the two toggle things (which don't give in or compress at all!) and the wiper blade will pull off - in which direction - towards the wiper base, the end of the wiper arm?

With the wiper in its parked position you push the toggle things down towards the windscreen, rather than pinching them together. If you look closely at the mechanism you can see the stud that you're trying to release from the arm. The wiper blade then slides off the end of the arm with a little force.