Hot hot hot intake manifold

ifs there too much of a restriction in the pcv circuit you could end up causing oil leaks as the crankcase will in effect be pressurised

what you need is a proper catch tank that baffled to catch the oil but still let the "fumes" out/in

Seems like you really onto something. I'm guessing you had to use a spacer or thick washer on the intake's rear mounting bolts aswell?

Thickness is 12mm. The thicker it is the the bigger your plenum volumes becomes. I have been conservative to ensure bonnet can be shut. I believe 24mm is not an issue. However, you need to measure precise.

Sounds interesting....so putting a spacer stops the heat reaching the intake. Makes sense. Do you have a link to the material you used, and how did you cut it. Your engine looks really clean too. Like the clamp on the sensor, mine is loose too, are they all like that.

My car seems intermittent. Temp outside 42 degrees today. Driving home, car fine. stop at lights....then car just drops in power and gutless rest of journey home. Just doesnt want to rev......

The only description for the material is call fiber. Machine cut.

Cars feels more torquey on a hot day. Much more willing to rev. Could be due to cooler air charge and ecu advanced the ignition timing.

If you are keen i can offer you the gasket for a small fee. PM me.

You also increased the inlet capacity and runner length. It might loose some power on top but gain some in the middle/low revrange.

Im interested to know how you mounted the intake back onto the valve cover. In theory the bolts should be out of alignment seeing that you moved the intake manifold 12mm forward and 12 mm up

But if its forward then how do the bolt holes align on the top of the valve cover

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions