High mileage r27

Would you consider 70000 miles on a bone stock r27 that has been very regularly serviced in line with service schedule a risky high mileage car or are they generally good for many more miles with the proper maintenance? Thankful for any help guys. :smile:

thats roughly 120k km correct? wouldnt have called it a high mileage car to be honest, I sold my previous clio at 160k km which would be around 100k miles and it was still running pretty good, even the clutch was still the factory unit with no signs of needing replacing soon, personally I would consider that a normal mileage, nothing to be afraid of, thought high mileage you would say 150k miles or higher, dont know if the clios are just as far going but I have seen a meg R26 with ca 260k miles on the clock still running well...

Would you consider 70000 miles on a bone stock r27 that has been very regularly serviced in line with service schedule a risky high mileage car or are they generally good for many more miles with the proper maintenance? Thankful for any help guys. :smile:

Mine has just hit 70,000 - It has always been maintained as per the service schedule and had whatever needs doing to it. I have no problems what so ever, it never skips a beat. I have had the ball joints, cambelt etc done which is quite costly but I find that's just general maintenance for a car that's 10 years old.

To be honest I haven't really seen any come up for sale with less than 70k recently, so I consider mine to be fairly low mileage, 70k on a 10 years old car is only 7000 a year on average - that's a fairly easy life if you ask me.

If you're looking to buy i'd be checking that things like I've said have been done and as above check out the buyers guide, there is plenty of tips to help you choose the right one.

Mine has just hit 70,000 - It has always been maintained as per the service schedule and had whatever needs doing to it. I have no problems what so ever, it never skips a beat. I have had the ball joints, cambelt etc done which is quite costly but I find that's just general maintenance for a car that's 10 years old.

To be honest I haven't really seen any come up for sale with less than 70k recently, so I consider mine to be fairly low mileage, 70k on a 10 years old car is only 7000 a year on average - that's a fairly easy life if you ask me.

If you're looking to buy i'd be checking that things like I've said have been done and as above check out the buyers guide, there is plenty of tips to help you choose the right one.

I think many modern engines are more than capable of high miles. The 197 / 200 included. High miles with a record of good servicing wouldnt worry me hugely.

Apart from the normal servicing i think its suspension components on these cars (Track-road ends. ball joints, CVJ's etc) that are likely to suffer - as they seem to be a semi-weak spot, plus the nature of these cars and the way they get driven along with the harshness of the ride - means these parts do take a beating.

Gearbox of course is one of the major weak-spots. As we know though - the synchro's can start to fail even at low miles !

The well-documented manifold problems (Leaking flexi joints) is of course another bad area for these cars. Its possible a car with a few miles under its belt may have had a new manifold fitted or the flexi's replaced already though......

Reactions: Dan Stone
Plenty on here with many more miles than that. Plenty up for sale clear of 100k too.

If you're confident of history and the car looks like it's been looked after, I wouldn't let it put me off.

The two main things to consider would be 1. are you ok with taking a big bill on the chin if the gearbox or something else major goes and 2. would the lower resale value when you come to sell it put you off.

I'm sure it will be fine Dan - mine is currently on 92k and has been serviced regularly, there have been wear and tear items that have needed replacing which is to be expected. I've heard good things about the longevity of these engines, so provided they've been looked after then there's no reason they can last a lot longer than 70k (which really isn't high at all in the grand scheme of things!)

Reactions: Dan Stone
Im based in Aylesbury bucks but car is near birmingham

Maybe put a link up to the car ? I know you can't tell how the car is mechanically by just looking at it but there's some examples online at the moment that I just wouldn't even bother looking at and I've only seen the photos and the poor descriptions.

https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/renault-clio-r27-f1-2l-rs-limited-ed-56-500/1219358072
This us the one im looking at possibly
Orrrr
https://www.gumtree.com/p/renault/renault-clio-197-f1-r27/1219297121
This is my other contender

Maybe put a link up to the car ? I know you can't tell how the car is mechanically by just looking at it but there's some examples online at the moment that I just wouldn't even bother looking at and I've only seen the photos and the poor descriptions.

Something about the 2nd one, an r27 isn't really an r27 without the decals of which it has at least 2 missing! Why? Can't make of if there is a roof one either

Would want to see that divers lower bolster too

Haha paid a deposit going to collect tonight he's having new mot put on the car today

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk