High level brake light

Have replaced the unit with breaker one ,but on refitting I noticed that the metal surround is badly distorted in one place which means one of the spring clips won't seat properly.

Whilst the whole unit stays in place ,I'm concerned whether any wet which will inevitably get in under the seal until I sort it out properly,will result in water ingress to the boot?

Have replaced the unit with breaker one ,but on refitting I noticed that the metal surround is badly distorted in one place which means one of the spring clips won't seat properly.

Whilst the whole unit stays in place ,I'm concerned whether any wet which will inevitably get in under the seal until I sort it out properly,will result in water ingress to the boot?

As a matter of interest the aperture is drained onto the tailgate drainage surround so unless the wiring and/or washer grommets fail then there will be no leak.(I'm a bit neurotic over leaks ,having owned a Smart Roadster/City coupe both of which leaked in multitude of areas and which were never fully cured!)

If you need a spare clip I have one, I replaced my high brake light recently and new one came with new clips.

Thanks kept old ones and new ones came with the replacement.

It is now fairly secure despite the distortion of the surrounding metal.I know that it won't fall out doesn't rattle and any water leak will not be a problem.

Yeh, water wont be an issue, theres drainage holes at the bottom of the bootlid covered by rubber flaps, as previously mentioned.