Hi

Hello all, ive finally took the plunge and bought the little pocket rocket. Love the car so far and the list ive done lately is: Stripped and cleaned all calipers with new brake seals all round, painted caliper red, new m-tec rear drilled disks, new oe rear dampers, painted diffuser and upper front grilles, full fluid and filter changes inc gearbox with oe fluids and filters, front speakers replaced with pioneer oe replacements, rear speakers fitted (pioneer) and parrot android tablet.
Future things that need doing are lower front hub ball joints. Future things i would like to do are engine out, balance pistons and con rods, cambelt, water pump etc and port the head and intake.

And breathe ! WOW :smile:

You are on it already. And clearly loving the experience of these fantastic cars. Sounds like you need to start a progress thread and get some pictures up with it......

ENJOY the forum :sunglasses:

I was thinking that when i carried out the work. I also slash cut the exhaust tips and fitted a centre silencer (i know, i know its not the done thing ) as the scorpion was a nightmare on the motorway!!! Since the centre silencer was fitted its removed some of the flat spot and still sounds throaty so im well happy.
On another note i cant beleive how much this car takes me back to the early eighties when i had my mk1 xr2 (couldnt afford a gt turbo) Im 47 so this will make sense to the older members.

Reactions: R11HOY and Micah
Yep myself and Shuv (@sevenfourate) are amongst the older members on here. I had a MK2 XR2 and loved it - who needed body coloured bumpers and mirrors in those days! Glad you are enjoying your new toy.

Colin

couple of pics

Attachments

• DSC_0104.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 27
  • DSC_0106.JPG
    5.4 MB · Views: 19
  • DSC_0105.JPG
    6.2 MB · Views: 18
Yep myself and Shuv (@sevenfourate) are amongst the older members on here. I had a MK2 XR2 and loved it - who needed body coloured bumpers and mirrors in those days! Glad you are enjoying your new toy.

Colin
Coulnt take to the mk2
Boy i wish i had kept my mk1 they are up for crazy money!!!
This ones a keeper as i have the feeling my sons will be thanking me many years later.
Future classic for sure

Coulnt take to the mk2
Boy i wish i had kept my mk1 they are up for crazy money!!!
This ones a keeper as i have the feeling my sons will be thanking me many years later.
Future classic for sure
Future classic, lets hope so my R27 has less than 16k miles on it!

I do like Nimbus.
Me too. its kind of understated but still puts more modern cars to shame. Just got to get the ball joints changed as it tries to kill me at 90mph round bends. Feels like the back end is about to swap round and gets a real wiggle on. The rear beam is fine so im hoping the ludicrous play in the lower front ball joints is the problem

Welcome! Sounds like you’re making great progress with it.
It’s the ball joints that give you the brown trouser moments, rear should be fine.
Know what you mean about 80’s hatches. Was lucky enough to own a 5 GTT in the late 90’s, the Clio’s are simply awesome.

Reactions: Pav
Welcome to the forum! Quite the list of work to be done and had done! Sounds like you know how to make the most of these cars, 90mph round the bends :wink: