Hi.

Sort of closing the gate after the horse has bolted, i am a ex-197 cup owner and current V6 255 owner. Keep an eye on this site to see if my old cup turns up. Been on renaultsport/cliosport for a year or two so some of you may know me.
Here's my old 197 cup:
DSC00076.gif
And current ride:
DSC00339.gif

Loving the vee mate, do you feel a massive amount if difference between the two motors?
Yes, is the simple answer, lots more low down power and even at 7K RPM engine never seems like its straining unlike the cup, the noise is fantastic and at cruising speed on motorway is actually quieter, only 3MPG worse then the cup on fuel. In the dry the vee is easily a match for the 197 cup but in the wet the 197 has it licked, the 197 is more forgiving where as the vee would rather chuck you in a hedge. The 197 deals with speed bumpers, car parks and 3 point turns a lot better then the vee but who cares about the practical stuff!

Welcome, you have got yourself a very rare and stunning looking vee there! Nice to see a honest comparison between the two!

^^^ Memories, the good yorkshire roads. One thing i had issues with all day was lack of confidence in the front end, all the bumps made it feel light and unresponsive- would be a real weapon in the hands of someone with talent!

^^^ Memories, the good yorkshire roads. One thing i had issues with all day was lack of confidence in the front end, all the bumps made it feel light and unresponsive- would be a real weapon in the hands of someone with talent!
funny, but honest reply mate lol

Only had it for about a week back then, and after a few 'oh sh*t' moments earlier in the day on some what slippery roads, the lack of TC compounded my lack of talent- the bag was completely empty!!!:lol:

you werent the only one who had a few "moments" - went well wide on a few corners with no warning:001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

lol, love the honest reply! You will get there and get full potential outta it mate!