Hi, thinking about buying a 197?

Welcome to the 'Deep Black' Club.
If you aren't into detailing, you soon will be!

Reactions: ///M
Well, a good start would be to buy this kit before they run out/put it back up to £50, it's stupidly cheap and consists of the main staples I use to clean mine.
A good wash mitt and a couple of premium drying towels are also essential. This website will make you spend a lot of money!

Would also be wise checking out a few progress threads, particularly @sevenfourate and @Dystant who like a good clean, but everyone's at it:
http://www.clio197.net/threads/dales-glacier-white-200-cup.53559/
http://www.clio197.net/threads/shuvs-racing-blue-200.52286/

Feel free to ask any questions, there's so much knowledge on here!

Reactions: Dystant
Well, a good start would be to buy this kit before they run out/put it back up to £50, it's stupidly cheap and consists of the main staples I use to clean mine.
A good wash mitt and a couple of premium drying towels are also essential. This website will make you spend a lot of money!

Would also be wise checking out a few progress threads, particularly @sevenfourate and @Dystant who like a good clean, but everyone's at it:
http://www.clio197.net/threads/dales-glacier-white-200-cup.53559/
http://www.clio197.net/threads/shuvs-racing-blue-200.52286/

Feel free to ask any questions, there's so much knowledge on here!
I'm on it! Thanks

Ok first bad experience. After 2 days of ownership my Clio started creeking while parking or stationary turning. After checking on here I jacked the car up and checked the lower ball joints. O/S/F is f:censored:ked and the N/S/F is not great. Luckily the dealer is sorting it. I'm still a little annoyed.

Ok first bad experience. After 2 days of ownership my Clio started creeking while parking or stationary turning. After checking on here I jacked the car up and checked the lower ball joints. O/S/F is f:censored:ked and the N/S/F is not great. Luckily the dealer is sorting it. I'm still a little annoyed.
Common problem. Lucky for you that dealer is sorting it.

Bit unfortunate, but lucky that the dealer is sorting!

Don't let it put you off, I have bad days with my Clio but in the end she still puts a smile on my face :french:

Reactions: Robert_197
Hi Tofty, as Detailing Dale has said, it's good they are going to do the work for you. I'm having mine done this weekend, so it's one of those inevitable jobs ticked off the list.
If the dealer needs some help, the lower ball joints and pinch bolts can be bought from R-Sport at a more competitive price than Renault, at £42 and £1 something, plus VAT. Sent next day delivery too. All depends what work they're honouring and if they will be buying genuine Renault parts.

Hi Tofty, as Detailing Dale has said, it's good they are going to do the work for you. I'm having mine done this weekend, so it's one of those inevitable jobs ticked off the list.
If the dealer needs some help, the lower ball joints and pinch bolts can be bought from R-Sport at a more competitive price than Renault, at £42 and £1 something, plus VAT. Sent next day delivery too. All depends what work they're honouring and if they will be buying genuine Renault parts.
Is that £42 for a lower ball joint @Micah?

Frustrating for sure to have something like that come up so early into ownership, but on the flip side it's a common thing, and fairly minor in the grand scheme of things, so it's good that you've caught it early and that you don't have to pay for it! That's a win in my eyes!

Ok we're all sorted now! The dealer sorted it I'm happy it's done although my problem was that they should of never let the car leave like that! But there was no hassle they just fixed it so can't complain. I've had the car on a ramp and checked, they appear to be proper ones (from pictures I've seen on here). I didn't realise they are not ball joints but swivel joints till the dealer showed me the old ones.

Reactions: Jimmy
Correct, sir. You'll need to call them though as will get dealt with quicker. John's a really nice guy to talk to, Denise will do all the order bits, like invoicing/payment.
I sore an invoice for £180 odd. But I didn't pay it so never mind. Thanks though!