Hi From Northern Ireland

Now you say that - I guess I did ! Not that I’d planned it that way.

I do believe I was going to leave it standard if I remember rightly....

***All im saying is: Great car, great spec, super mileage and the not having Recaros doesn’t detract on it for me. For road use the seats will be mighty fine as-is :smile:

Once again.....ENJOY !

Even then as @Pav showed me in his and I found out myself at Bedford, Recaros aren't 100% needed for track, the standard seats do keep you pretty tight!

Not sure i'd agree. Buckets are a whole new level agreed. But standards to Recaro's.......i'm not so sure.
+1 if i'm honest. Whilst I find the lower bolsters on the Recaros better, the upper bolters aren't near as good as those on the standard seats. I'm not a big chap by any means but have the feeling that eventually the Recaros will be too tight to be comfortable as i've got naturally bigger (read fat :tearsofjoy:) legs/back.

+1 if i'm honest. Whilst I find the lower bolsters on the Recaros better, the upper bolters aren't near as good as those on the standard seats. I'm not a big chap by any means but have the feeling that eventually the Recaros will be too tight to be comfortable as i've got naturally bigger (read fat :tearsofjoy:) legs/back.

Do i regret spending £1500+ doing mine. Hell no ! Did i know it was going to be money spunked into the wind at the start ? Of course....

But; Supportive wise the difference from standards to Recaros isn't the huge leap many perceive / imagine / tell you. MIGHT of course be because even in my new slim-line form; i'm still a big lad too. If i'd upgraded from standard to Recaros through thinking they'd be the bee's-knees on track....i can openly tell you i would now be hugely disappointed and be looking for buckets......

Can't be more honest than that !

Reactions: Benno
Do i regret spending £1500+ doing mine. Hell no ! Did i know it was going to be money spunked into the wind at the start ? Of course....

But; Supportive wise the difference from standards to Recaros isn't the huge leap many perceive / imagine / tell you. MIGHT of course be because even in my new slim-line form; i'm still a big lad too. If i'd upgraded from standard to Recaros through thinking they'd be the bee's-knees on track....i can openly tell you i would now be hugely disappointed and be looking for buckets......

Looks like I'm going for the Corbeaus then! Cheers for this summary Shuv!

Lol. I laugh out loud because after sitting in Eddie’s red RS a few weeks ago I decided I wanted the recaros. I had been watching this clio at mcr for a while and as soon as the photos came up I had a look and bounced on it I decided with the year, miles, condition and history I could let the recaros go.

I’m aware that the road to Stranraer is a treacherous one having collected an Ibiza Cupra R and an EP3 type R in the mainland before, the Cupra from London and the EP3 was from Birmingham. It’s the EP3 that I’m hoping the RS is like the most with improvements of course [emoji16]. We leave Belfast at 10 and arrive into Bristol at 11ish, mcr are not far from the airport I believe, our boat is at 1930 and it’s a 6 hour drive... could be tight lol.

Thanks for the comments, I am looking forward to collecting [emoji16]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You'll be fine,bought a few cars and bikes from the mainland myself! Actually really enjoy the experience esp when you get there to find out it's a cracker!

You can get Recaros yellow dots later they are about quite often and the fabric is available for repair to the bolsters it's the older blue 197 seats that are hard to get and repair.

This.

Except I do find the Recaros are massively better than standard (but maybe they just suit my shape), but agree if you're serious about driving on track, buckets are essential.

Reactions: sevenfourate
I'll keep an eye out for anyone selling a decent set of recaros. I'm broad but I'm not an overly big lad. The joys of playing Rugby but being a back...

At the same time I'd maybe rather spend the £ on mods. I have a few subtle ones in mind already but just subtle exterior mods.

Welcome to the club Gareth, Fellow GW 200 owner from NI here.

The car looks amazing, hope you enjoy the the journey back (if you haven't already got it)

I got mine just before the new year there and still get excited to get into it every morning! (daily driver for me, never had any track experience at all sadly)

all the best with it and im sure you'll love it!

Reactions: GarethM3 and R11HOY
@Roshi69 Thanks.

I haven't got it yet, I am flying over on the 18th November to retrieve it. I am excited, I have had some good German/Jap hot hatches and I am most excited about the Renault lol. My first ever car was a 1.2 Clio (182 shape) which I lowered 30mm on bilsteins and was the apple of my young adult life, it's funny how nearly 13 years later and about 6 cars I am heading back to a Clio.

I read your post regarding yours and actually felt bad for you, I really really dislike Charles Hurst through past experiences and even my dad fell foul to there service when he bout a £14k Convertible BM from them. No matter what you buy from them they still treat you like crap. Did you ever get sorted?

Do you know if we have many from NI on here?

@Roshi69 Thanks.

I haven't got it yet, I am flying over on the 18th November to retrieve it. I am excited, I have had some good German/Jap hot hatches and I am most excited about the Renault lol. My first ever car was a 1.2 Clio (182 shape) which I lowered 30mm on bilsteins and was the apple of my young adult life, it's funny how nearly 13 years later and about 6 cars I am heading back to a Clio.

I read your post regarding yours and actually felt bad for you, I really really dislike Charles Hurst through past experiences and even my dad fell foul to there service when he bout a £14k Convertible BM from them. No matter what you buy from them they still treat you like crap. Did you ever get sorted?

Do you know if we have many from NI on here?

Just a few that i know of. @turkie172 @-Eddie- @Cossers @R11HOY.

Regarding my car... its 50/50 sorted. The front has the proper foam in it now and the back still has she shit they put in before but i've lost all interest and will get some proper stuff and (like the leak itself) i will fix it myself lol

I would not stand for that mate, I would be campaigning to hit them where it hurts until it's sorted. My dad dropped the car into them threw the guys on the service desk and said they have 2 days to sort his car out or he's cancelling the payments and will see them in court. He got it fixed and 2 free services out of it.

I've met @-Eddie- and even made him a few offers lol.

Would anyone from NI be interested in getting a run out next year (in the good weather)? If there was any interest we could meet up somewhere central and maybe get a bite to eat, and have a wee chat about the cars etc. Thoughts..........:think: Of course anyone not from NI who would like to come along is of course very welcome:sunglasses:

Reactions: Roshi69
@R11HOY. You are based around the corner from me. I am in Bangor.

Yea I'd be up for that. I was out with the NI Subaru lads a few weeks ago, grabbed a bite in the Safari Grill at junction one then headed to the dark hedges. Was a good day out.

Good stuff let's see if anyone else is up for it then and we can get something sorted.....BTW just to let you all know I'm an old git probably old enough to be "yer Da" or "yer Granda" don't worry though I think I have a baseball cap somewhere....LOL:fearscream::kilt:

Reactions: Big Ben
Good stuff let's see if anyone else is up for it then and we can get something sorted.....BTW just to let you all know I'm an old git probably old enough to be "yer Da" or "yer Granda" don't worry though I think I have a baseball cap somewhere....LOL:fearscream::kilt:

No problem, I’m not ageist lol. Would be good craic to get the cars together for a run somewhere. If I put my Sherlock hat on.. is your reg R11HOY? I’ll keep a look out for ya driving about [emoji1303]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Similar Thread Suggestions