hi from a newbie

Hi there. Been looking to but a 197 for a while and just found this site - its great. I'm from ireland so 197's are uber rare over here and that why i want one.

I have an idea of all the models and different spec but was just wondering the following:

as i will be using the car a a daily driver would the R27 be too stiff for everyday use doing fairly high milage (400 miles / week) on bad roads and would i be better to buy one with the standard suspension.

I know i can't have it all........your opinions please

Thanks

Lennie

Welcome to the site lennie.
Wouldn't worry too much about either tbh.
Just find one that has what you want.
I know tim'e' is selling his, he's in NI.

Welcome lennie,

The cup suspension isnt as rough a ride as you may think, Just get a decent one low milage warranty . . . or y not get a 200?

which part of irland you from mate, ive been over to county donegal loads of times (family and friends there) I have a 200 with cup spec an i use it for every day use so they are fine for that. but i know what ya mean about the roads, not as well maintaind as the uk roads (and they're ****) deffo try a test drive.

not as well maintained as UK roads . . . . . these roads are **** so I would hate to think the roads in ireland :001_rolleyes:

Welcome along!

Roads not maintained as well as British roads?!?!?!?!? As woody has said....WTF!!!!

which part of irland you from mate, ive been over to county donegal loads of times (family and friends there) I have a 200 with cup spec an i use it for every day use so they are fine for that. but i know what ya mean about the roads, not as well maintaind as the uk roads (and they're ****) deffo try a test drive.

I'm from Ramelton just north of Letterkenny. Leaning towards a red R27 but will have to go over to UK to get what i really want.

@everybody - yeah road over here are cronic especially since the cold snap - grand canyons popping up all over the place

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
O New Members 3
Paul_D New Members 3
lou tennant New Members 13
T New Members 17
Garysp2 New Members 4