Hi everyone, new 197 owner here.

Tidy looking example!

Really like the matt black roof and bonnet against the blue :smile:
Thanks Sean, the black roof & bonnet really drew me to this car over a few other ones I looked at, she's had quite a lot of looks when I've had her out tbh, the best being when I was driving her home on the motorway & a teenage boy in a passing car was glaring at it with that "ooft" look on his face, that made me smile from ear to ear & I knew then that I had made the right choice lol.
Glad you like her buddy

Reactions: SeanTheSheep
Welcome in mate. What part of Glasgow are you from? One of my favourite cars was my F plate XR3i.

Colin
Hi Colin & thanks, I'm just outside Glasgow mate, I loved my xr3i, it was on an E plate, had lots of fun with that, also had an original non injection Y reg xr3 before that & also an Orion 16i ghia, basically an xr3i with a boot, all great cars & lots of fun but this wee toy is just something else though, making its mark in my boy racer memoires lol, I'm a tad to old to be a boy racer now but the 197 brings back some great memories, makes me smile when input the foot down when I legally can

Reactions: LOCKE
Welcome along from another member north of the border. I too am a tad old to be a boy racer, but I'm loving recapturing my youth in my Clio. It's a lot faster than the hot hatches I grew up on in the '70s & 80's too! Enjoy the car. One of my favourite colours too.

John

Reactions: CJ197
Welcome along from another member north of the border. I too am a tad old to be a boy racer, but I'm loving recapturing my youth in my Clio. It's a lot faster than the hot hatches I grew up on in the '70s & 80's too! Enjoy the car. One of my favourite colours too.

John
Hi johnny, thanks for the welcome & reply, great to see another fellow Scot with a love for these little french beauties on here, the 2nd I've met on here so far. Yes they certainly do bring back that youthful buzz from days gone by, I don't think I've smiled as much whilst driving a car as I have since getting this one & I've had quite a few cars in my years lol, all different makes & models but this wee toy tops them all.
I love it's colour, it was one of the major factors in getting this very car, glad you like it buddy.

Reactions: Johnny 99
Hi Colin & thanks, I'm just outside Glasgow mate, I loved my xr3i, it was on an E plate, had lots of fun with that, also had an original non injection Y reg xr3 before that & also an Orion 16i ghia, basically an xr3i with a boot, all great cars & lots of fun but this wee toy is just something else though, making its mark in my boy racer memoires lol, I'm a tad to old to be a boy racer now but the 197 brings back some great memories, makes me smile when input the foot down when I legally can
I'm from Cumbernauld mate.

Hi johnny, thanks for the welcome & reply, great to see another fellow Scot with a love for these little french beauties on here, the 2nd I've met on here so far. Yes they certainly do bring back that youthful buzz from days gone by, I don't think I've smiled as much whilst driving a car as I have since getting this one & I've had quite a few cars in my years lol, all different makes & models but this wee toy tops them all.
I love it's colour, it was one of the major factors in getting this very car, glad you like it buddy.
Just a wee correction, I'm living in Scotland, but not a Scot. English born, Scots grandmother, Irish, Welsh grandfather. Been up here 18 years & naturalised enough to support Scotland in the rugby & the football. It is my chosen country after all! Scottish wife too.

Just a wee correction, I'm living in Scotland, but not a Scot. English born, Scots grandmother, Irish, Welsh grandfather. Been up here 18 years & naturalised enough to support Scotland in the rugby & the football. It is my chosen country after all! Scottish wife too.
Lol it's all good buddy, you're a Clio owner & that surpasses any nationality haha but going by your description then I'd say your more Scots than anything else lmao, its wherever your heart lies, a place of birth is only a word on a certificate

Reactions: Johnny 99
Howdy! You seem to be enjoying the car so early on which is encouraging to hear! Quite the resurgence of 197's lately, so hopefully all the owners will flock to the best Mk3 forum on t'interweb. Look forward to seeing your progress thread at some point, because there's plenty on here to lead you astray :tongueout:

Reactions: Pav and CJ197
Howdy! You seem to be enjoying the car so early on which is encouraging to hear! Quite the resurgence of 197's lately, so hopefully all the owners will flock to the best Mk3 forum on t'interweb. Look forward to seeing your progress thread at some point, because there's plenty on here to lead you astray :tongueout:
Thanks Micah, yes I am loving it, she puts a smile on my face when I drive her & it's been a while since a car done that but that's only because I had to buy the lower powered cars over the last few years due to patently commitments aka being a sensible parent lol but now the little nippers are all grown up I can take back a bit of the old boy racer buzz Ive been missing before I'm too old to feel that anymore & this 197 certainly revives that for me so far when I can put the foot down (when legally possible ) lol. Fingers crossed it all goes well for me & I don't encounter any issues/problems

Reactions: Micah

haha..lead you astray??:tearsofjoy:
im not sure what you are talking about..i never spend a penny on mine :tongueclosed:

Similar Thread Suggestions