Hi all

As you can probably tell by the username, I don't actually own a 197 yet, but a Ford Racing Puma, which will be for sale very soon. It's a great car, but it's getting on a bit now, and parts are ludicrously expensive.

I've always loved the look of the 197 Clio, mainly as it looks so much more substantial than the 182, and in a slightly weird way, it reminds me of my FRP, especially in blue (OK, that's probably just me then!)

I'm now starting to get pangs for a F1 Team edition, having seen a couple on Pistonheads, and absolutely loving all the decals. Where these a limited run of 500 only?

Apologies for the questions, I'm sure they've been asked a million times before.

Last edited:
:welcome: to the site dude.

I too have a ford background (and a saxo one too :oops:)

In the UK, they were limited to 500 yes :smile:

yeah 500 released to the UK. seen a few in breakers yards though R.I.P :worried: 197's are the dogs danglies mate u wont find a quicker car for the price and the insurance is cheap too.

any questions just ask though and i am sure 1 of the members will help u.

Not a chance! My biggest hate is FRP's being cannibalised for parts, and that's probably what would happen if I did that. I've seen so many snotbox Fiestas with FRP seats and manifolds, and it really winds me up!

I'm sure da kidz would love it though lol

Not a chance! My biggest hate is FRP's being cannibalised for parts, and that's probably what would happen if I did that. I've seen so many snotbox Fiestas with FRP seats and manifolds, and it really winds me up!

I'm sure da kidz would love it though lol

My ZS was Pumarised before he put it back to near standard for me lol!

Innit fierce blud m8 :wink:

Perhaps... it was my dream car two years ago! I guess it's the reason the F1 Team appeals, as nothing I've really looked at comes close for individuality and rarity.

personally would have deleted the decals to not draw attention but as before each to there own