Hi All

Just a note to say hi all.

I picked up Faxo's old Clio 200 Cup yesterday. Respect to Faxo - it's absolutely mint 8)

Next thing - I'm not a youngster though I think this type of car is often seen as a young mans car. Lets just say I have got some CSE's :wink:

I work from home mostly so the Cup is going to be my weekend toy - TBH I'm not sure I'd want to drive it every day. But having no "toys" and a hard ride is spot on for a Sunday afternoon blast across the Pennines.

I traded a Megane R26 for it - spent a shed load of money on it the last 12 months and I'm hoping that the Cup can provide 70% or 80% of the fun with less cost (tyres are cheaper to start with).

Before the R26 I had a Clio Trophy, 172 Cup and a 306 Gti6.

So if anybody spots a white Cup with a black roof around the east side of Manchester it may be me.

Hi! Yes she is mint, make sure you look after her like i did!

Missing it atm, driving in a 145k p plate Civic until September 1st!

I hope i see it again!

:welcome: to the site dude, don't worry, Roy is the sites' resident fossil. He remembers stramatolites! :wink:

Welcome mate, what a great car history. It'll be interesting to see how you rate the clio after the megane, a car i've considered trading the 197 in for many times...

When I first drove the Clio I thought "what I have I done? I've bought a slow bone shaker with no toys"

But I soon realised that I was driving it like the Megane. The Megane made me lazy - as long as there was 2k on the rev counter it went.

Once I remembered what the Trophy was like to drive I got the hang of it. There are fewer "toys" (I miss the auto-window close) but I appreciate that it feels more "pointy" than the Megane.

Drove it to work today and on the way home gave it some stick (heard the "beep" for the first time) on the M60 slip road. My god what a brilliant noise it makes.

So I'm really starting to like it - I just need a run across the Pennines to try it out properly. The thing that surprises me the most is that it will cruise at 30mph in 6th gear.

So 2 days in and I'm starting to like it :smiley: