Hey all, bit of advice if poss

Hi guys and gals

Im hopefully getting a 197 within the next couple of months (subject to selling my car).

Just been looking at a few and noticed a few differences between them and id be grateful if someone could help me out a bit.

1. Are anthracite rims only on cup models or was this an option on non cups?
2. Some seem to have nice shiny exhausts and some don't. was this an option and if so can the be easily retro fitted? i.e. trims or are the different back box's?
3. Do all cups have no air con?

i think thats all my questions for now and sorry if this post is in the wrong area.

Ash

I have a cup, with A/C. Anthracites and a shiny exhaust!!! :wink:

And its for sale!

But yeah, anthracites are cup or F1 spec!

A/C was an option on the cups, most dont have it.

Yes, your correct on all. My cup has anthracite alloys and NO A/C. The silver exhast trims are £65 for the RS ones. Others are available..............:smile:

1. Are anthracite rims only on cup models or was this an option on non cups?
was standard on the cup and the R27 but was available as an option on other models.

2. Some seem to have nice shiny exhausts and some don't. was this an option and if so can the be easily retro fitted? i.e. trims or are the different back box's?
the standard exhaust has slash tips that fit flush with the diffuser and so you cant see them. the 200 diffuser has shiny exhaust trims.
you can can renault exhaust trims or something like a miltek exhaust that sticks out.

3. Do all cups have no air con?
as standard cups dont have aircon but it was an option.

Ash[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the replys guys, been to look at a few today, it amazes me how hard it is to find a mint 3 year old car, 2 were dogs, one was nice.
i think iv got myself set on an f1 after viewing one today, god these cars look good!

My mate went to see a 2 and a half year old Civic Type R last week and said the interior was in such bad condition! Some people just buy a nice car so they look good and don't take any care of them what so ever. They use them as tools or machines to get from A to B, rather than something they care about like most of the people who are on here, or any forum for that matter. I like the F1s, purely because they have good look on the outside plus the Recaros. But the cup suspension put me off a little, although I didn't drive an F1 in the end, so I could have been worrying about nothing. I'm pretty happy with my standar 197 though.

do u have 18's on ures arran?

Na, Standard 17s. Would mind some 18s off the RS 230 in the future though. Your's look nice from the pics I've seen. I can have a proper look when you come down on Saturday.

yeah ill have to make sure my car looks sweet for you mate. got it sorted just at the right height n evrithin now might put bigger pacers on as its still rubbin on full lock

the f1 i like is red, but i also like the grey.
The only thing i wasnt keen on the f1 was all 4 tyres had been replaced with some budget tyres.
Why they fit budget tyres to a performance vehicle...

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions