HELP! Recommend me a painter near North London?

///M

Gold Member
Hi guys,

So whilst out shopping on Saturday, Mrs M came back to a damaged car thanks to some disgraceful lowlife not managing to move around her car properly in the car park, even though she always parks as far out of the way as possible!

Thankfully it's purely cosmetic. Driver's side corner of the rear bumper is heavily scratched and the paint has completely gone in two places. Panel gaps are still as they were and nothing is misshapen.

To be honest, they're extremely lucky Mrs M wasn't there at the time or they'd have probably had her disklok through their window.

So the car needs some paint. I might just take it to my guy who looks after my BMW bodywork, but he's a bit far away and very much on the pricey side, although his paintwork is second to none.

Before we go there, could anyone advise a good painter near north London? Not looking for a cheap job by any means, just something not quite as eyewatering as I usually pay and nearer to home would be good.

If not, we'll go the usual route, just wondering if anyone here knew of anyone?

Cheers guys,

M.

Bummer. Double bummer actually.

Unfortunately about as you'd expect in this World though i hate to say Mes.........

Cant help with a painter in your area. But i'd be interested to see how anyone fares with Racing Blue (J45).

Seems to me it varies in tone / shade almost as much as the liquid yellow range does. (Not trying to make things hard before you've even started)...... :smile:

BEST OF LUCK !

Bummer. Double bummer actually.

Unfortunately about as you'd expect in this World though i hate to say Mes.........

Cant help with a painter in your area. But i'd be interested to see how anyone fares with Racing Blue (J45).

Seems to me it varies in tone / shade almost as much as the liquid yellow range does. (Not trying to make things hard before you've even started)...... :smile:

BEST OF LUCK !

Thanks Shuv mate.

And yeah, Renault are good at making "difficult" paints!

If all else fails, I'll take it to the normal guy, he's a genius!

damn! have you got any pics?

Mate there is no way you'll find something cheap and decent in London where the rates are already on the high due to location. Tom it is, we can always go there together as I need him to have a look at mine as well..

Reactions: sevenfourate
Sorry to hear that Mes. Hope the little beauty is back to her best soon. This has happened to me a few times but on a worse scale (although luckily not to my renaults) - there are a lot of tosspots around.

Sorry to hear Mes mate. Gutted for you (and mrs M).

Absolute lowlife scum who do this to people's pride and joys.

I was sat in mine the other day waiting for my mrs to come out of town and there was a mother putting away her baby next to my car and it was literally about 5mm away, she had absolutely no idea how close she was and you can tell she couldn't give a crap anyway.

Not nice to hear that Mes.

It's not just the money side of things getting it repaired... it's the whole aggravation and inconvenience.

Sad news

Very sorry to hear about this Mes, there are unfortunately just so many idiots behind the wheel these days... Made worse by the fact that they didn't leave a note with their details - far too much to ask of the scum of society.

Hopefully you can get it sorted relatively painlessly bud - as Ben says, it's the hassle of it all isn't it.

@Siliconsteve @Gordini @Chris @Big Ben @Jimmy thanks for the compassion and understanding guys. Some people really are a waste of cells and organs right?

Thankfully the hassle isn't too much due to having another car we can use, and the drive out to where I'll probably end up getting it sorted is a fun one! But still, it's not like I have a load of money burning a hole in my pocket.

All I ask is five minutes with the scum that did it...

Reactions: Jimmy and Gordini
damn! have you got any pics?

Mate there is no way you'll find something cheap and decent in London where the rates are already on the high due to location. Tom it is, we can always go there together as I need him to have a look at mine as well..

No pics mate, too pissed off to take any. You'll see it at some point no doubt.

And yeah, it will probably end up at Tom's unless anyone comes up with anything. Trouble is he's expensive. You got a mega cheap price off him before but I did some haggling on your behalf! I wouldn't expect your other repair to be so resonable, but it will be perfect!