Help, polarizing filter...

Hi all

For my brothers birthday I'd like to get him a polarizing filter for his camera, luckily he has the same camera as me, but due to working hours can't get to a shop til the weekend.

It's for a Nikon d3000

The lens size is 18-55mm
But what size filter do I need I've seen 52mm/55mm so this is what's confusing me. Also does anyone know a decent website to order something like this?

It doesn't matter if it's a late present just want to get it right :smile:

Thanks in advance!

Will

Do you know what make you want? Kenko, Hoya etc? I am pretty sure it is 52mm that you need. Also do you want a circular one?

Yeah, CPL is the term right?

Is 52mm the thread size and 55mm the actual max on the lens size?

As to make he said u can pick them up from £5-£50, but what's decent really? Don't wanna pay peanuts for a rubbish one, rather pay a bit more.

Yeah, CPL is the term right?

Is 52mm the thread size and 55mm the actual max on the lens size?

As to make he said u can pick them up from £5-£50, but what's decent really? Don't wanna pay peanuts for a rubbish one, rather pay a bit more.

yes 52mm will be the thread size and 55mm will relate to the lens. The one in the link should be fine, it has good couple of reviews as well.

I hadn't thought of it mate, it was just something he said he wanted, I ordered the first one in the link you sent :smile: hopefully he is happy with it!

Thanks all for the input!

I ordered a £5 one off eBay to see what that's like lol