Help me before i pull my hair out (PC / IT / Tech related)

sevenfourate

Devotee of OCD
Paid Member
Guys,

"Randomly" started getting a "The last USB device you connected is not recognised" message popping up in the right hand corner a while ago. (Windows 10)

I tried to sort to no avail. It comes up like every 2 seconds with a message and a beep. First i turned sound off. Now the messages are bugging me beyond belief.

I've disconnected everything; turned everything off and restarted. (As found as solution on Google)
Tried disconnecting one USB device at a time. (Made no difference)
Run device manager wizard. (No problems found)
Gone into device manager and tried to:

1/. Update driver. (Says driver is up to date)
2/. Disable the item in Universal Serial Bus Controllers (Keeps coming back)
****Its listed as "Unknown USB device (Device Descriptor Request Failed)
3/. Uninstall. Not happening)

If i go to properties for this device it reads:

"Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

A request for the USB device descriptor failed."

Its starting to do my nut in. I'm not hugely tech and i'm pretty stuck. Any smart cookies here with a good idea or 5 :smile:

Cheers.

Cant even begin to find what i need on the Windows official site..... :-(
OK sorry I was busy gawping at the woman that plays Jane in Tarzan and my brain was otherwise engaged. OK you need find out which motherboard you have and update from they're site. Mobo drivers allow you're hardware to work properly. I would do this as a last resort as it can be tricky. You've checked for updates and reinstalled drivers for hardware?

What PC do you have? make and full model no will be on the case somewhere.

Then i will go find a link to your motherboard drivers.

Something i would try although i accept no responsibility for the outcome is to go to Device manager,USB uninstall the driver obviously your keyboard / mouse is not going to work anymore so then hard reset the computer via the power / reset button. When you boot back up unplug and re plug your keyboard and mouse and windows should automatically download a fresh driver for you. I didnt have your problem but something USB related and did this last week.

You could also try restoring the PC to a point before the issue began. Whatever it was you plugged in burn it with fire and trash it.

Reactions: Cossers