Help identifying where to get parts

Hi guys,

Looking to get a couple of new exterior parts as they are looking worse for wear, but would appreciate if someone can point me in the right direction / post up links as to where I can purchase these parts.

1) Drivers side 'vertical seal' running down edge of rear glass panel
IMG_6895.JPG

2) Passengers side horizontal seal at the bottom of window (not too clear from photos, but it has come loose and does not 'clip' into bottom of B-Pillar
IMG_6897.JPG

3) Door handles - I noticed that @-Eddie- has exterior door handles for sale. I've had a look at the 'how to guide' thread, but worried it's a real hassle to change them over and no doubt with my luck I'll end up breaking something! Is there any easier way to change the handles or is it a case of the door card needing to come off?

Thanks very much!

Lewis

The vertical weather strips are for sale on eBay for around £10. Unfortunately no easy way to remove the door handles, not that the door card removal is too difficult if you take your time :smile:.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The part numbers for the lower seals you are after are:
8200426768 - £22.00
8200426767 - £26.40

-Prices are those quoted by Paul from RPD

@Lewis13 Hate to say it as Paul (RPD) are sponsors here.

But having just done the door seals myself they are considerably (50%) cheaper (And still Genuine items) here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Renault-Clio-197-Clio-III-Genuine-Rear-Quarter-Glass-Seal-3-Door-8200341503/281602130810?ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649

Bottom seal can be sorted by removing, cleaning up and putting some decent double sided foam tape on to attach the end to the B-pillar

If you buy new - you're still buying into the crappy single plastic T-clip idea. Couple of times off (even accidentally when cleaning etc) - and you'll be back to square one when that breaks too........

Heres mine held firm with 1mm foam trim tape after vinyl-wrapping the B-Pillar last week:

35546002233_88f1cd4b65_b.jpg

Thanks @sevenfourate, appreciate your advice! Will get one ordered.

Would you also be able to point me in the direction of the vinyl wrap you purchased please - looks great! Could do with wrapping both B-pillars myself and would make sense to do it before adding the double sided foam tape.

Thanks again,

Lewis

Thanks @sevenfourate, appreciate your advice! Will get one ordered.

Would you also be able to point me in the direction of the vinyl wrap you purchased please - looks great! Could do with wrapping both B-pillars myself and would make sense to do it before adding the double sided foam tape.

Thanks again,

Lewis

Depends what you want ?

I tried with plain black gloss. Looked good for about 15 mins - but scratched so easily.

I ended up with Satin carbon fibre - which has a texture and should hide any marks. Can link you if that's what you like ? (I just searched eBay).

Ref the sticking of the strips: You've nothing to lose trying....

The trim tape is literally a couple of quid. Or double sided centre mirror pads will do the job. I'll link you to those too if you want....

Hope I can manage this on my phone !

Sticky pads: (Clean up both pillar contact area and back of door trim really well, and 'activate' tape with a hairdryer to get good and sticky).

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/122055636301

Vinyl wrap: (I bought 3 types) but settled on this. And the Matte finish is more like Satin and not dull / flat at all....

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/321656397361

***Not sure if the links work or not ? If not the eBay item number is clearly showing in each link :smile:

Apologies for delay in coming back to you, @sevenfourate

Thanks very much for your help. This is great, links work perfectly - will get these ordered just now, looking forward to the weekend to get the new parts fitted!!

Can I ask one final question please - what size did you select for the wrap?

Cheers!!

Reactions: sevenfourate
Apologies for delay in coming back to you, @sevenfourate

Thanks very much for your help. This is great, links work perfectly - will get these ordered just now, looking forward to the weekend to get the new parts fitted!!

Can I ask one final question please - what size did you select for the wrap?

Cheers!!

You need approx 600 tall x 150mm wide to go on each side to allow for overlap etc.

300mm wide is a popular size. So get a length long enough for a couple of spares !