Hello :)

Hello,

After a 8 year clio shaped hole in my life (had a 172 cup and 182 trophy previously) Im back looking for another one! Currently have an Exige Sport 350 and looking for something to use for some guilt free Winter track days and generally use when going anywhere localish on nice roads rather than the work car.

Have been doing a bit of research and been to look at a couple of cars already and am pretty much settled on a 200 - (they just seem ever so slightly better bolted together than the 197s). Needs to have cup chassis (or be a cup) and Recaros are preferable. Will no doubt post up a wanted ad shortly!

Properly excited about the thought of another clio!

Cheers :smile:

Luke

Reactions: Micah and peter
Welcome aboard!

I know quite a few people here who would like too see some pictures of the lotus!!

Its a bit of a weapon!
DSC_1361.jpg
Had an S2 260 Prior to this which was an incredible car - still miss it actually.
DSC_0954.jpg

Hi Welcome Luke to the Family read the buyers guide any questions please ask bud
Cheers, had a look through that previously - very useful!

Hi and welcome in mate. Curious about the 200 being better made than the 197 though?

Colin
Probably just a perception thing on my part - ive had a look at a couple of each recently and the 200s just seemed a little more 'solid' could well be down to the individual cars i guess.

Hi Luke: and welcome to the forum....

Best of luck finding your new weapon and filling the void in your life......

Enjoy !!

Welcome along. Lovely Lotus! Good luck finding the right Clio & post some pics when you get it.

Love that S2, welcome along.

It never fails to amaze me what other cars people have as well as their little Clios when they could possibly afford something much more. I guess this is a testament to just how good RenaultSport Clios are.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Probably just a perception thing on my part - ive had a look at a couple of each recently and the 200s just seemed a little more 'solid' could well be down to the individual cars i guess.

You'd think age alone: 2006 for early 197's to 2012 for the the last of the 200's could validate that point alone......

Not just about mileage is it. People talk about (these) engines being good for 150'000+ miles; but what about joint wear, corrosion, suspension being past its best, bushes perishing over time, things degrading, hoses cracking, rubber breaking down etc etc etc

Not to mention the fact Renault MAY just have learnt one or two things about model specific assembly along the way.

Sounds plausible....

Welcome Luke - yet another Exige on here! @///M you've got another Lotus buddy!

Good luck with your search :smile:

Reactions: ///M
welcome along..hope you find the right car..a few for sale on here..have a look..
:french:

Welcome Luke - yet another Exige on here! @///M you've got another Lotus buddy!

Good luck with your search :smile:

:smiley: Nice one Micah.

Well hello Luke! Very nice S350! Done anything to it?

Good luck on finding a Clio. Buyers market at the minute, there are loads of cars available and for really affordable money. Take your time and be meticulous and you'll find a good one. If it's more a track focused car, maybe keep an eye on the classifieds on here. Some very tasty cars come up from time to time. Depends on how much of a road car you need it to be. For instance @BenAG200 has a bloody awesome track car that might be available right now.

As for the quality perception, I think it is just that, a perception. I've been in some nice solid 197s and been in some sketchy 200s too. Just down to the life and the type of ownership the car has had I guess.

Proper friendly and helpful bunch in here. Any questions, just shout.

Reactions: BenAG200
Its a bit of a weapon!
View attachment 111715
Had an S2 260 Prior to this which was an incredible car - still miss it actually.
View attachment 111716

Cheers, had a look through that previously - very useful!

Bloody hell they look great in white!

Welcome to the forum Luke! Good luck in your search for the right one - there are some fantastic examples out there.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9