Hello

hi guys

Just joined up, looking to get a 197 for some track day fun

Having been a long time impreza owner many years ago (clue was in the name lol), but now resigned to company cars which they won't let you take on the the track

So that's it's really on the look out for a cheap 197 possibly with some track worthy mods already done

Cheers

PS. how do I get to view the for sale threads ???

Welcome to the forum and Good luck on the hunt for a 197..

You have to become a paid member to view the for sale threads.. something like a fiver I believe

Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you'd like to view the classifieds, and also open up other areas of the site, you can become a Paid Member - if you click on your name at the top of the page, and then follow the Membership link. Memberships start from £5.

The Buyers Guide at the top of the New Members section is free to read, and covers everything you'll need to know when you're searching for a car! If there's anything we can help with, please feel free to ask!

EDIT: @Beany was fastest fingers first :smile:

Reactions: Beany
Hello and welcome to the forum!

If you'd like to view the classifieds, and also open up other areas of the site, you can become a Paid Member - if you click on your name at the top of the page, and then follow the Membership link. Memberships start from £5.

The Buyers Guide at the top of the New Members section is free to read, and covers everything you'll need to know when you're searching for a car! If there's anything we can help with, please feel free to ask!

EDIT: @Beany was fastest fingers first :smile:

Tbf you've written a more in depth essay hahahaha :smile:

Reactions: Jimmy
Welcome.

What Impreza history have you got? I've been tempted by one a few times over the years but never bit the bullet.

I had an STI7 which was the controversial bugeye model, starting from standard, then had the Prodrive pack fitted, then started upgrading from there, 3" straight through exhaust with sports cat, Godspeed 335mm brakes, a frame gauges, dump valve etc etc. Then was remapped at powerstation and left running 344bhp which was as far as it could go with out going front mount intercooler

Saw it for sale a couple of years back and almost bought it back, but it's not on vehicle database for mot or tax anymore so I assume it's gone to car heaven now

Last edited:
I had an STI7 which was the controversial bugeye model, starting from standard, then had the Prodrive pack fitted, then started upgrading from there, was remppaed at powerstation and left running 344bhp which was as far as it could go with out going front mount intercooler

Saw it for sale a couple of years back and almost bought it back, but it's not on vehicle database for mot or tax anymore so I assume it's gone to car heaven now

Attachments

• IMG_3034.JPG
    IMG_3034.JPG
    747.8 KB · Views: 12
I had an STI7 which was the controversial bugeye model, starting from standard, then had the Prodrive pack fitted, then started upgrading from there, 3" straight through exhaust with sports cat, Godspeed 335mm brakes, a frame gauges, dump valve etc etc. Then was remapped at powerstation and left running 344bhp which was as far as it could go with out going front mount intercooler

That's lovely. I really like the Bugeyes actually but they're not a popular choice.

I'd love a S202 or RA-R but they're MONEY nowadays for a clean one.

UK members, members with exotic cars, members from abroad.....and now the Stig has joined up too :smile:

Welcome aboard our little forum.

Good luck with your hunt and enjoy your stay buddy........

:smile:

Welcome.

The 197 group on Facebook seems to have quite a few cheaper cars knocking about.

Thanks for the welcome guys

Yes cheap is the order of the day, well within reason don't mind paying a bit more for useful goodies on it

The Clio is one of a few options being considered, along with Audi TT 225, Corsa VXR, celica 190, Mini Cooper S R53 and Fiesta ST 150

Out of all the NA cars the Clio is top, but there is something about forced induction that leads to good tunability
Don't get me wrong I know handling and brakes etc are just as important on the track, so I'm taking a balanced view

Would be interested to here any comparisons people might have, I know I will get a slightly biased view here though lol

Yes cheap is the order of the day, well within reason don't mind paying a bit more for useful goodies on it

The Clio is one of a few options being considered, along with Audi TT 225, Corsa VXR, celica 190, Mini Cooper S R53 and Fiesta ST 150

Out of all the NA cars the Clio is top, but there is something about forced induction that leads to good tunability
Don't get me wrong I know handling and brakes etc are just as important on the track, so I'm taking a balanced view

Would be interested to here any comparisons people might have, I know I will get a slightly biased view here though lol

I know @paul jennings has a TT as well as his Clio, but not sure if it's the 225...

Thats a varied list. IMO the Audi isn't a car that fairs well on any track, I assume you're on about the MK1 TT. The early 2000 one. I'd ditch that in favour of a Meg 225. Much better handling than the Audi. Corsa VXR I actually quite like but not as much as I like the 197/200. They don't corner well and the gearboxes are worse than the 197/200. Celica and the Fiesta, slow and ultra boring.
R53 though, great car!

Reactions: Scoobystig
Thats a varied list. IMO the Audi isn't a car that fairs well on any track, I assume you're on about the MK1 TT. The early 2000 one. I'd ditch that in favour of a Meg 225. Much better handling than the Audi. Corsa VXR I actually quite like but not as much as I like the 197/200. They don't corner well and the gearboxes are worse than the 197/200. Celica and the Fiesta, slow and ultra boring.
R53 though, great car!

Great answer. Thanks

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9