Hello there.

Hi all. Had a couple of RS Clio's and an R26 now and love them. Even though I hate my 1.5dci Megane company car.

Generally have them as a second or third car to my BMW M3's (my love) but I'm feeling the itch again to get another.

I'm specifically looking for a 197 maybe a cup or F1.

Is there a buyers guide around for them so I can use it as a check list to view possible cars? Also does the forum have a list of specifications that were offered on the cars from Renault? And lastly are there any common Faults with the 197? Notice premature bolster wear is one with most I'm looking at.

Thanks all.

Hope to be back in RS ownership soon.

Welcome!

Good to have a fellow M3 owner on here.

The buyers guide is all you need. I knew it back to front and it helped immensely. There are LOTS of common faults (although nothing as serious as the floor falling out of the car at the rear!) but most of them are tweakable, or livable.

Save a checklist to your phone for viewing. A lot of the ones you look at will be dismissed once you've gone through the checklist. But it's a buyers market, there are plenty around.

Let's see some pics of the ///M

(@Micah cheers for the shout fella!)

Reactions: Micah
Welcome to the forum! Anything you can't see/didn't find from the buyers guide, please feel free to ask about.

Good luck searching for the right car!

Thanks all.

Will go through the guide.

I have two M3's. A Santorini blue e36 track car which I'm thinking of selling soon and an silver e46 which is undergoing a few mods to make it track worthy.

I'd love to upload a pic but the ones I do have are on my phone and it's a ball ache to get them on here lol.

Thanks all.

Will go through the guide.

I have two M3's. A Santorini blue e36 track car which I'm thinking of selling soon and an silver e46 which is undergoing a few mods to make it track worthy.

I'd love to upload a pic but the ones I do have are on my phone and it's a ball ache to get them on here lol.

E36 looks great in Santorini. And although they're the least loved M3 (not by me!) I think they're aging very well too. The older they get, the better they look.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9