Hello from the VAG world

Hi,

Popped over from Northloop after Jimmy kindly pointed me in this direction.

I'm Mike, sometimes known as Danza. Live in cheshire and spend most of my free time doing trackdays and the Ring. I have a track focussed MKV GTI and have also just ordered a 200 with Cup chassis to give my old girl a break and take over as a dedicated track/Ring toy.

I think I recognise Jace from uk-mkivs.net, did you used to have a black TDI?

Anyway, (if you're interested) this is what I drive on a daily basis and I'll see you on the forum, no doubt pestering for advice on how to make an already great car greater.

Cheers.

4707_94927795795_611430795_2375387_4751150_n.jpg

IMG_2413_exposure.jpg

Turini.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks.

The GTI is a great car, but it took some time and money to make it track savvy, so I've put it back to standard and sunk the mod money into the Clio instead.

I'm already shopping for some brake upgrades, track wheels/tyres and one of those ex-Oulton cages.

welcome matey!! saw a golf gti at french car show absolutely destroying everything in its path including evo's! guess this wasn't you? lol

Ha, no I don't think so. It'll do 2 minutes dead around Oulton on road tyres though, so it isn't any slouch!.. they just don't do it out of the box.

Yer i was very impressed by this golf, shows the tuning potential! Car looks great anyway! Any particular reason why you're switching to the 200?

welcome to the site Mike,

iv,e also got a soft spot for a golf, ( the wife has the new GT TDI 140 ), lol she wont let me get my hands on it tho,

Pez - Not switching as such, I'll still keep the Golf.

The 200 'out of the box' will do 99% of what my modded Golf will, only giving in on straight line speed (with 270hp/320tq). The Clio also has the benefit of being warrantied, much cheaper on consumables and having no "scene tax" on modified parts like the VAG world.

Just a cheaper way of having the same amount of fun.

Chappo - Thanks, they're a great allrounder.

Dedespo - Bit of a rarity. 8x18 7.6kg Magnesium OZ Monte Carlos. Used in the 90's as a WRC tarmac rally wheel and by the BTCC/DTM lot, and shod with Michelin Pilot Sport cups (fronts off a GT3 RS)

I'm currently trying to see if I can get the wheels and Alcons to work on the Clio?

P1030055.jpg

Last edited:
my dad has that car. pulls quite nice with the dsg gearbox. can't keep up with the 197 though :-p

it would with a simple re-map, lol :tongueout:anic:

like you say tho they do pull very well.

sorry Mike,

loving those wheels mate, they would look the dogs on a white 200 if you could get them to fit. :001_tt1:

No worries.

How do you rate those discs BTW? Do you know who makes the rotors?

Wheels are an ET49 and would require adapters (15-20mm).. not sure how that'd fit under the arches being effectively an 8" and ET34 at best?

Well ,Mike Roberts, after seeing you wearing these wheels on your GTI i can officially say that you RULE :jase: and you deserve to own and run a 200 :thumbup:

Welcome to the site.

i have only done about 300 odd miles on them atm, they are good but are they worth the £500 probabally not, lol

i got them from K-Tec not sure who makes the rotars tbh, i know someone over on Renaultsport-forum who can get them cheaper tho, i think his user name is ( Spiderman ).

HTH.

:welcome: to the site.

Nice car btw :smile:

If you read my recent posts youll see that I were at the ring 3 weeks ago...did one lap and hated every blooming minute of it lol.

I'd just like to refer you to my signature too :wink::wink:

Dedespo, I don't know about ruling, ha ha - I just got lucky finding them!

Chappo, I'll change the fluid and pads, see how I get on with the standard discs around the track and go from there. Keep us updated with how they perform though.

Mike, thanks. I was out in early May and should be there again in September. June's a bit busy for my tastes but I'll never say never.

First lap feels like being attacked by a swarm of wasps from every direction, eh!! I had no idea where I was, but luckily a co-pilot who did and a very quiet midweek evening session to cut my teeth. You'll grow to love it.

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9