Hello from Cookham - new F1 owner

Morning all,

Just though i'd say an official hello after buying F1 Team no. 285.

I got the car two weeks ago to the day but as I have been abroad it's not turned a wheel since coming home!

With that being said I saw it as an opportunity to whip off the steering wheel and send it to Jack at Royal steering wheels for a re-trim.

So here is an introduction by car history:

First came the beast - the only RWD car i could get at 18 and oh what a lady killer!
207905_8903930233_9120_n.jpg

Then I got a little fast & furious for a while:
230931_8903935233_4760_n.jpg

Before getting 2 fast 2 furious (i'm sure we all go through this stage in our lives!)
228281_8903940233_6838_n.jpg

When i was getting the Supra ready to sell I needed something to bridge the gap of buying another car so got this monstrosity...
226433_8903945233_7648_n.jpg

That was the start of the German phase and the arrival of the best rep mobile ever to hit the south east sales patch - i got it with only 7k miles on the clock and was a very happy 25 year old!
1923802_48204565233_8954_n.jpg

Then after putting a fantastic 70k miles on the Z4 I swapped it for a company car and the 1 series coupe arrived
218165_10150538558690234_903646_n.jpg

I then got into a phase of having three cars - which is stupid... but good stupid.

I had an A4 Avant diesel as a sensible car which isn't even worth a picture but then these two; a Mini GP and a Porsche C4S - both awesome
10603225_10154446709035234_4400301584450254290_n.jpg

Now we come up to present day and I chopped the Porsche in for another Porsche as I am very inventive like that :smile:
Got a Spyder...
14991428_10157603896990234_5868438428467666856_o.jpg

And then a coupe of weeks back got the F1 as a sensible car to replace the Audi Avant (Lot's of man logic required there)
17015662_10158160947885234_7724027164508624729_o.jpg

...and meanwhile refurbished the house and driveway to keep the toys happy!

so to cut a long story short............................. HELLO!

Welcome!

Great intro. Lovely car in the best colour. :smile:

Never seen an F1 with a full sticker delete before!

Reactions: 82DVY
Thanks all!

Welcome to the Family nice collection of motors love the C4S very nice enjoy the forum any questions just ask

Thanks! It is still in the family - it was such a great car - my uncle now has it. I bought it as a one owner car after being in Porsche warranty for 10 years! It is immaculate and i flew to Edinburgh to get the damn thing!

Welcome!

Great intro. Lovely car in the best colour. :smile:

Never seen an F1 with a full sticker delete before!

Not for long... I already have bumper and door stickers to put back on it today!

Reactions: nutnutwelshman
Thanks all!
Not for long... I already have bumper and door stickers to put back on it today!

Good man. NOT a cheap do! :smiley:

If you have not looked at the roof decal yet, I suggest you sit down before you look at the price!!! :smiley:

Reactions: 82DVY
Thanks all!

Thanks! It is still in the family - it was such a great car - my uncle now has it. I bought it as a one owner car after being in Porsche warranty for 10 years! It is immaculate and i flew to Edinburgh to get the damn thing!

Do you track any of them????

Do you track any of them????

No, not yet - the only track days I've done to date are experience days in loan cars or if it counts karting.

Doing that kicked off my master my plan to buy the Mini GP, run that car for a while and then turn it into a track car - however after 3 years of ownership it's still as valuable as the day i bought it so i just can't justify it!

Now i have the Clio i would like to look at something like that, but initially with an instructor - if you have any recommendations please let me know!

No, not yet - the only track days I've done to date are experience days in loan cars or if it counts karting.

Doing that kicked off my master my plan to buy the Mini GP, run that car for a while and then turn it into a track car - however after 3 years of ownership it's still as valuable as the day i bought it so i just can't justify it!

Now i have the Clio i would like to look at something like that, but initially with an instructor - if you have any recommendations please let me know!

MSV Trackdays do "novice only" days that I've done. No pressure from experienced track drivers coming up behind you. Tuition available for a small fee. Well organised, recommended.

What a collection, I feel such a pauper now :worried:
You should come along for the meet on 2nd April, we're a nice bunch of weirdos :smiley:

Hi bud, welcome aboard, snap lol, you have good taste :smile:

Had the c4s about 9years back now, great car, was actually close to buying a new gts Cayman but found it impossible to order one or it was a 2year wait!! Didn't even bother with trying for a gt4, would really have like one but no chance of it!! Really annoyed me that, real enthusiasts don't flip cars!!

Had the supra for 14 years!

Anyways, enjoy the 197, nice choice btw r27 ;-)

SDC12138.jpg

pLarge.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: Jimmy
@82DVY as Johnny said novice days are OK but your find a open pit lane your be fine too 99% of guys are fine.I did one novice day then of to my playground in Belgium (SPA) but its down to how much confidence you have but iam trying to arrange a Sprint day at Curborough one car on at a time so enjoy

Didn't even bother with trying for a gt4

Don't get me started mate! The most ridiculous release of a car I've ever seen. If I could have bought one at list I'd have had one...

"Can I get a GT4 please?"

> "All sold out sir"

Actually wait, there are HUNDREDS on eBay. For £30,000 above list price!!! Utter disgrace, fully managed by Porsche.

Not a Porsche fan by a long stretch but I'd certainly have a GT4, and I'd cherish it and drive it as intended, but no I can't.

Of course if you're rich as hell and want to hide one away in a collection never to see the light of day, no problem.

Funny how that insufferable twunt Schmee (hurt even typing that) got one!

Reactions: Cossers and Jimmy
Don't get me started mate! The most ridiculous release of a car I've ever seen. If I could have bought one at list I'd have had one...

"Can I get a GT4 please?"

> "All sold out sir"

Actually wait, there are HUNDREDS on eBay. For £30,000 above list price!!! Utter disgrace, fully managed by Porsche.

Not a Porsche fan by a long stretch but I'd certainly have a GT4, and I'd cherish it and drive it as intended, but no I can't.

Of course if you're rich as hell and want to hide one away in a collection never to see the light of day, no problem.

Funny how that insufferable twunt Schmee (hurt even typing that) got one!
FB_IMG_1443073301921.jpg love you when your excited @///M

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9