Hello All

Hello Everyone,

I should have introduced myself when I joined a few days ago....better late than never!

I am Mike and I live in Ipswich.

I have a Red 2007 197, the only notable addition on the car is the Xenon headlights and cornering lights.

I love driving the car, it's been great fun so far.

I don't pretend to know a huge amount about the technical aspects of the car but I thought this would be a good place to meet like-minded people who appreciate the Renaultsport substance over image philosophy.

:welcome: mate
theres plenty of people on here to help
when you get stuck

Good to know that help is at hand.

I saw that you got your car damaged Aranshucker, Is it fixed now?

Matt (Woody's 197) is coming to do it on Saturday.

They really are bas***ds mate, I could have had a spoiler fitted or at least my windows tinted with the money I'm spending on having it done!

Police haven't got anything either, so I'm on my own with it. :worried:

If I'd have found out who'd have done it then me the boys off here (I assume) would have had something more than a keyed door and quarter to give them! :jedi: Lol!

Thanks everyone for the welcome.

I wish I'd known about the site earlier!

It would be great to have a sticker for the back of the car, so we can identify each other on our travels:tongue_smilie:

:welcome: Mike, there are stickers for the car in the "clio197.net merchandise" forum :smile:

I am putting a MASSIVE clio197.net logo on my car for Germany trip in couple of weeks time :smile:

Tried to upload a profile pic, but file size is too large (too many pixels!)-not sure how to get it smaller so I can up load it.

Tried to upload a profile pic, but file size is too large (too many pixels!)-not sure how to get it smaller so I can up load it.

You are best off using an internet photo site like photobucket. I tryed using the uploader and it only liked 1 of the many pictures I tried to put on the thread.

Follow the instructions of how to upload the picture(s) to the site (like photobucket which I use), then copy the IMO code (I think that's what it's called, it appears underneath the picture when it's been saved in the album on the site you use) and paste it in the thread. And hey presto, there is your picture, all resized so it fits nicely!

Hope this helps!

welcome to the site mate, this is a really good place to learn alla bout the 197, i didnt know much about the car before i joined either but since then the information i have got off other members has been amazing, i think the optional £5 paid membership is really justified for the amount of information i have learnt

Thanks for the welcome and the advice guys! I will persevere with trying to get a photo of my car on here.

Just got back from Rockness today. (absolutely awesome - Fat Boy slim can still get the place jumpin').

Anyway saw five 197's / 200's on the way back on the A9, between Inverness and Perth. More than I've seen in the last 6 months!

picture.php

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
N New Members 4
M New Members 5
Anthony9219 New Members 17
Slint New Members 9