Hello ..Again,

Hi Guys

So after posting on here last year about getting a 197 as a company car i ended up leaving my job,

I currently own this lil puppy!

http://www.clio197.net/forum/showthread.php?t=1822

Howver this year ive bought a hous with the other half which im dead chuffed with and its time for me to stop pretending im Vin Diesel in the Fast and the Furious and get responsible! :smile:

So im breaking the golf as its worth more in peices,

Im hoping to get a 197 with the cup chasis, and put my usual collection of mods on the car as this time round id like to do some track days which i wouldnt get insured for on the golf,

Ideally id add the following, will be DUB stanced Low and PHAT! as unfortunately i cant leave that scene behind, ;/

Full exhaust system
KW V1
Filter
BB Kit
Light weight alloys
Fast Road cams
Live map,

Any other must have mods recomended by people?

I wont strip her out as im a tart and like my creatue comforts, Althought the rear bench would be coming out for track days,

Also one last question are there any major differnces between the 197 and the new 200?

Im hoping to rent a 197 for a day as my TD was a while ago but i remember it being the best car ive ever driven and ive been lucky enough to drive some very nice motors!

If theres one thing my golf has tought me its bhp isnt everything!

N/A FTMFW!

Thanks alot

See ya on the forum!

Pete

Last edited:
Welcome to the site pete.

If your after really low then you'll be better getting H&R coilovers as I've got V1's and I'd love the rear a little lower.

Welcome back to the site mate! Very nice r32 you have at the moment. It certainly seems like the 197 left an impression on you though!
The biggest difference between 197 and 200 would be the styling, which isn't to everyones taste. There are a couple of tweaks to engine, steering and suspension but its more about 'feel' than performance. Best bet is to get to a dealer with both and test back to back!

Nice R32, lovely cars IV driven both the new and older model R's and they are awesome. Would you not be better off buying yourself a 2nd hand 197 withouth cup pack, if your gonna replace the suspension anyway? Also seems a little pointless if your gonna get a 200 to then go and void all your warrenty messing with the engine...

Id go for a 2nd hand 197 and spend the change on MODS!! :thumbup:

Nice R32, lovely cars IV driven both the new and older model R's and they are awesome. Would you not be better off buying yourself a 2nd hand 197 withouth cup pack, if your gonna replace the suspension anyway? Also seems a little pointless if your gonna get a 200 to then go and void all your warrenty messing with the engine...

Id go for a 2nd hand 197 and spend the change on MODS!! :thumbup:

Hi Rob yea am looking for a 197 with the cup chassis in black,

I wouldnt go near a 200 no offence to the owners but to me they are truely hideous! and i molester cars far to much to want a warranty!

Pete

Similar Thread Suggestions

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
C New Members 4
C Clio 197 Area 5
X Clio General Chat 15
R New Members 7
RBclio New Members 8