Headunit delete

I have a 2010 200 with the Tom Tom screen, I never use it, Akro being fitted end of the month so thinking maybe to remove my headunit all together - will removing the unit cause any issues? Also anyone removed theres and just used a blanking plate to cover the gap?

I am keen to be able to add it back in at any point in the future.

Thanks.

I found a part on ebay a few years ago that fits in place of the radio to give you a pocket/tray in the hole.

It was a Renault part, next time i'm in the garage i'll try and dig it out to get a part number.

Reactions: kevlar
I found a part on ebay a few years ago that fits in place of the radio to give you a pocket/tray in the hole.

It was a Renault part, next time i'm in the garage i'll try and dig it out to get a part number.
That would be great!

Removing the HU doesn't cause any issue other than having no music :tearsofjoy: but an akra should give you all the tunes you need! I removed mine at the weekend.

Only issue I can see is make sure you have the code if you want to reinstall in the future. Also worth noting it's easier to remove by removing the centre console than the usual peg trick.

Removing the HU doesn't cause any issue other than having no music :tearsofjoy: but an akra should give you all the tunes you need! I removed mine at the weekend.

Only issue I can see is make sure you have the code if you want to reinstall in the future. Also worth noting it's easier to remove by removing the centre console than the usual peg trick.
I meant if anyone can find the "tray" part number to replace the stereo slot, would be welcome storage. I'm running the cup racer exhaust which has rendered music pointless. Anyway, who needs that weight :wink:

Last edited:

Similar Thread Suggestions