'Heads Up' on Paper Panel Air Filters

Have found out through experimentation and frustration that some 3rd party paper panel filters which are supposed to be compatible with the RS197/200 aren't. The OEM paper filter from Renault has 2 glue strips on one side of the filter and a central glue strip on the other. I've been running a supposedly 'compatible' high quality filter from a reputable manufacturer and been having really lumpy idling, bogging down, and poor performance and fuel consumption issues. On inspection this non OEM filter has glue strips on one side only ( It's such a small thing that perhaps other people, like me, won't notice at first glance.) My guess is the suction through the filter squeezes the paper veins together too much if only one side is glued, causing restricted air flow and resulting in poor performance. Anyone running a paper filter ought to check that both sides of their air filter have glue strips holding the veins in place. Am amazed at the difference this one glue strip makes to how the engine breathes and performs...

If I was going paper filter I would only go OEM, can't be much saving buying non original surely?

the Autofactor I purchased the filter from assured me it was compatible. Was just a matter of convenience and not a cost issue.
Having always purchased filters from Autofactors before (for a C2 VTS) without any issue, I just came unstuck this time with same on the RS197.

Normally I like to keep everything stock so yeah I guess a clean OEM paper panel filter works best. However, saying that, a Toyosports manifold came pre-installed with this car and am supposing there's just a cat back now, and maybe it was remapped? Have no idea. A more breathable Green cotton panel filter might be a better option if there is now less restricition in the exhaust system than when supplied from factory? Will probably try this at some point if I can't get consistent performance and drivability.