Headlamp retaining spring /clip

so tonight one of my headlamp bulbs seemed to die on passenger side !!!! So I removed air intake battery cover etc managed to get the old bulb out so placed the new bulb in and when I went to put the retaining spring back in place it dropped down in the head unit fished for it for hours not a chance !! Could someone tell me could I get another one from halfords ?? And will I have to take bumper of to put the retaining Clip back in ?? .. don't have much ATM !

L
so tonight one of my headlamp bulbs seemed to die on passenger side !!!! So I removed air intake battery cover etc managed to get the old bulb out so placed the new bulb in and when I went to put the retaining spring back in place it dropped down in the head unit fished for it for hours not a chance !! Could someone tell me could I get another one from halfords ?? And will I have to take bumper of to put the retaining Clip back in ?? .. don't have much ATM !
luck

salvage yard you could get one even from a smashed headlight just remember the type of bulb you need the clip for I did the same a magnet pickup tool with a little flex in it or headlight out and tip it around a bit to get it out.

Did the same thing but mine dropped onto the under tray. Spent ages with an unfolded coat hanger with a magnet taped to the end trying to fish it back out.

salvage yard you could get one even from a smashed headlight just remember the type of bulb you need the clip for I did the same a magnet pickup tool with a little flex in it or headlight out and tip it around a bit to get it out.
Is that having to take the bumper of to remove the headlight I have seen halfords selling spare I've got the bulbs 477 h7 just wondering if could put a new one in

Does anyone know if the standard Clio mk3 retaining spring/ clip will fit !!!!! Managed to fish out the one what was in it and it was original cause it's lot different to drivers side ! Stuck at the moment what to do ! I tried halfords h7 spring but was to slack . I'm not going to buy a new one sake of a tiny Clip :0

Look since its such a pain to fit and the H1 dip beam bulbs are very easy to not fit in the correct position which can massively affect the dip beam distance more so in projector headlights take the headlight out and change all the main bulbs then you can adjust the springs in comfort the bulbs are fresh and last the max amount of time and more likely that the other side will go soon and on a wetter, colder snowy day or night when you don't have time, keep the working bulbs as spares. The vibration from the loose springs holding the bulbs can when the bulb is hot cause bulb failure by breaking the element. there is a guide to take the bumper off and be careful removing the headlights there is a not so obvious bolt or screw lower down at the side if you miss it you can break the headlight bracket remember the size of gaps around the headlight for refitting it correctly. Put something on the ground so you don't scrap the paint on the bumper when you drop it down.

took the one what was genuine one and in one peace, and made one up and better than original won't be braking again ! I just took battery out and box out and fuse box and took away the air intake and done it job done 1h 1/2 .. seen a Renault charge £160 for a headlight for a sale of a clip anyway went to a breakers yard took a few clips out of Clio mk3 headlight and best of all I manged to find a 197 tucked into the corner with a cup spoiler on great condition £40 and had the back wheels for £50 each great day in all

so tonight one of my headlamp bulbs seemed to die on passenger side !!!! So I removed air intake battery cover etc managed to get the old bulb out so placed the new bulb in and when I went to put the retaining spring back in place it dropped down in the head unit fished for it for hours not a chance !! Could someone tell me could I get another one from halfords ?? And will I have to take bumper of to put the retaining Clip back in ?? .. don't have much ATM ![/
took the one what was genuine one and in one peace, and made one up and better than original won't be braking again ! I just took battery out and box out and fuse box and took away the air intake and done it job done 1h 1/2 .. seen a Renault charge £160 for a headlight for a sale of a clip anyway went to a breakers yard took a few clips out of Clio mk3 headlight and best of all I manged to find a 197 tucked into the corner with a cup spoiler on great condition £40 and had the back wheels for £50 each great day in all
take wheel off and section of arch liner,you’ll see the clip right there on undertray,I did the same thing last week