Having 200 dials fitted in a 197

a "mileage correction" company owner got sent down not so long ago!!!!!

the authorities are wanting them outlawed by the sounds of it - been to many abusing the correction of mileages :huh:

Yeap, this is true. When the guy did mine he actually asked me what "mileage" I wanted...

Of course I told him to match it to the mile but I suppose people out there are a bit naughty.

I was asked for a price to change the clocks over and correct the mileage not just mileage correction, feel free to just have mileage corrected but they also have chassis numbers in the clocks that can cause problems when not changed including certain lights and things not working.

I was asked for a price to change the clocks over and correct the mileage not just mileage correction, feel free to just have mileage corrected but they also have chassis numbers in the clocks that can cause problems when not changed including certain lights and things not working.

Correct mate as we know. The problem is often people don't always divulge the issues they have had in order to make things work. They equally don't always tell how much it cost. Often all you see is the finished project. Its not always as easy as it appears.

Last edited:
Fair comments guys and I have to admit that I didn't know that beforehand, yet again I haven't got any issues with mine whatsoever so I suppose everything was done ''by the book'' and most importantly cheap :wink:

Last edited:
Due to a bit of confusion in the PM I sent, the actual price to sort out the mileage is £60 from SteC so I will be going there in the new year to have them sorted. :smile:

When you swap clocks over, does your 'service due' info stay with the car?