Had my 197 a week now:)

Hi all, had a bit of quiet time about 2 weeks ago and found myself in a local car super market, there was a black astra vxr, a black focus st3, a grey e46 m3 and a black clio 197, to be honest i walked away as it was abit spur of the moment and was'nt sure if the cars were priced correctly, turned out they wer'nt:worried: the clio was a 56 reg, 83'000, bodywork needed tidying, interior was showing signs of wear and the screen price was £8'999, but the clio was the one that really tickled my fancy, that evening i spent on the internet and found a fine example, one owner, 07reg and 14'000 miles on the clock and only 50 miles away in a new car dealership, i went to see it the following evening, it was a minter and i picked it up last friday:001_tt1:, well i've had a busy week, here's some pics;

On the forcourt;

clio1-1.jpg

clio2.jpg

And on my drive:smile:

IMGP0586-1.jpg

IMGP0582-1.jpg

The wheels were the only bad point on an other wise faultless car;

oldcolour.jpg

So i refurbed them and changed their colour, did the calipers and replaced brembo logo's too;

IMGP0613.jpg

IMGP0610.jpg

Then decided it would benifit from a spoiler;

IMGP0616.jpg

IMGP0614-1.jpg

So this is how it stands today, but it has only been a week:smile:

IMGP0618.jpg

Last edited:
Wow! Seriously good work mate, took me 12 months to get my spoiler and wheels done! Lol! Looks great, good to see another 197 with a decent spoiler! Ha ha!

Ha ha, I know mate, spent all my mom on the car though. Got the newest one I could afford!