H&R Lowering Springs

Do the springs actually improve the clio's handling as they say on Ktech? Whats so good about the coilovers to warrant the price tag? Is there really much difference between them handling wise?

are they easily adjustable so i could have them not so low for commuting then drop them lower on the weekend by just taking the wheels off & adjusting?

do you find you can make them soft enough for road use?

springs improve ride abit while keeping the general characteristics of the original setup. Coilovers are alot better choice and are considered a better set up then the cup, both comfort and handling wise.

Coilovers are great if you can justify the expense. Most if they are honest only adjust them once. Equally most don't get them set up right. My last car, it cost me £150 just to set them up and one big pot hole (like the roads after a bad winter), they need setting up again!! The other issue is they will expose (like most suspension mods to be honest) any other weaknesses in your suspension.
I do love them though and if anything, I'll wait till a set come up on here secondhand.

I have H&R's. They are low but hard. Cup spring is better but not low enough for me. Since going to 18's, H&R's are much better ride.

Last edited:
I'v got the cup setup on my r27 but as you say, it's not really low enough, especially on the back. Coilovers do seem like a whole lot of win.

Question: do the H&Rs give you any performance improvement over the Cup springs or are they just lower?

Sure coilovers are better but decent ones are not cheap either.

Badically, are the H&Rs worth it if you're a cheapo and already have a Cup?

I have a cup that has H&R springs on, but I didn't fit them I only realised when I was changing my brakes. So unfortunately I can't say what the standards are like but the ride is hard, and there is a bit of rebound over bumps from the mismatched shock/spring combo. But I like them

3 things to consider with coilovers.

Setup
Setup
Setup

Get what you can afford and pay someone very clever to set them up then leave well alone. Coilovers are adjustable so you can get the perfect setup not so you can adjust them every 5 minutes.

If only the above was true. It's actually 4 things that get considered / done when coilovers are bought by an owner;

Stance
Photo
Photo shop
Forum

:wink: