Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

I made 230bhp on a un-ported dbw throttle body. I did port match the 2 manifold halves though as there's a few hp to be gained from this.

Yeap agreed on throttle body, nothing to be gained besides just removing steps! It's just one of those cheap mods that only cost a bit of time. I'm a bit old school and like that sort of thing!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did them myself mate. If you do them right you can get an excellent match tbh. I'll be doing them on my 200 in preparation for the akrapovic evo exhaust. :smilingimp:
Is there any place you'd recommend getting them done as I haven't the skill to do mine. Akrapovic evo sounds awesome! Not asbo enough for me though personally :smile:

IMG_5782.JPG

So throttle body work;

I removed the butterfly and removed the step, to just smooth the transition, nothing major

The screws have been smoothed down as well as they protrude quite a bit

A good piece of advice if doing anything like this is pin punch the threads of the screws, should be able to zoom and see this. Stops the screws from being able to work themselves out if they become loose

IMG_5770.JPG

IMG_5769.JPG

IMG_5768.JPG

Inlet wise;

I have removed the rough casting, and done a light port match. The actual gasket is a lot bigger than the ports, I don't see the benefit of fully matching. There are plenty of guys running stupid power with light matching.

495F2C58-1536-4516-948F-63BA2CDCD397.jpg

Lastly, my IAT relocation.

I have seen fairly low temps, fairly similar to the normal location temps, however, heatsoak to the sensor has less effect on the air temp reading now when idling

IMG_5772.JPG

Reactions: Northloopcup
Is there any place you'd recommend getting them done as I haven't the skill to do mine. Akrapovic evo sounds awesome! Not asbo enough for me though personally :smile:
Not off the top of my head mate no. Whereabouts in the uk are you? Me and asbo exhausts are done. I've got to consider my 11 week old daughters hearing now for if she ever goes in the 200 with me.
Yeap agreed on throttle body, nothing to be gained besides just removing steps! It's just one of those cheap mods that only cost a bit of time. I'm a bit old school and like that sort of thing!

Nothing wrong with that! I'm not old school, I'm just tight. Hahaha!
If you look up the r3 manuals they just clean up the casting, actually port matching them to the gasket is overkill

Yeah just to point out @DS197 mine aren't ported up to the gasket face either. That will make them way to big otherwise.

Reactions: DS197 and A1axx
View attachment 16212

So throttle body work;

I removed the butterfly and removed the step, to just smooth the transition, nothing major

The screws have been smoothed down as well as they protrude quite a bit

A good piece of advice if doing anything like this is pin punch the threads of the screws, should be able to zoom and see this. Stops the screws from being able to work themselves out if they become loose

View attachment 16213

View attachment 16214

View attachment 16215

Inlet wise;

I have removed the rough casting, and done a light port match. The actual gasket is a lot bigger than the ports, I don't see the benefit of fully matching. There are plenty of guys running stupid power with light matching.

View attachment 16216

Lastly, my IAT relocation.

I have seen fairly low temps, fairly similar to the normal location temps, however, heatsoak to the sensor has less effect on the air temp reading now when idling

View attachment 16217

That looks like a nice job you've done there mate! My inlets looked the same, I just polished down the full length of the ports.

Reactions: A1axx
Not off the top of my head mate no. Whereabouts in the uk are you? Me and asbo exhausts are done. I've got to consider my 11 week old daughters hearing now for if she ever goes in the 200 with me.
Nothing wrong with that! I'm not old school, I'm just tight. Hahaha!
Yeah just to point out @DS197 mine aren't ported up to the gasket face either. That will make them way to big otherwise.

Haha would need some serious Dremeling!!!

That looks like a nice job you've done there mate! My inlets looked the same, I just polished down the full length of the ports.

Nice!!! That's committed!

And yea my little dremel took an absolute pasting!

Need to double check the match up of the lower inlet, from memory the gasket was already matching the inlet? I have a phenolic spacer, and I can't actually remember if I made sure there was no step because of the spacer... it must have matched either the inlet or cylinder head!

I totally understand mate, and in that case the Akra will be the best of both worlds. I'm in London and will most likely end up getting a spare manifold to be worked on. I've been looking at http://www.mscustomengineering.co.uk/GasFlowed-Inlet-manifolds.html and Sussex performance engineering and design but reviews of both are very limited.

Nice!!! That's committed!

And yea my little dremel took an absolute pasting!

Need to double check the match up of the lower inlet, from memory the gasket was already matching the inlet? I have a phenolic spacer, and I can't actually remember if I made sure there was no step because of the spacer... it must have matched either the inlet or cylinder head!

It was more a case of a quiet night at work mate tbh. Lol!

The lower manifold to head face gasket as you'll have seen is a ridiculous size in terms of the opening so you can't use it as a match, so all I did was made a lower gasket using gasket paper to check the match. Nice and simple job to do and yes, the match is almost bang - except for one area!! The inlet has a notch for the injector, but the head doesn't. Go figure!

Reactions: A1axx and DS197
Dyno is back up and running so pencilled in to drop it off this Saturday. Looking forward to seeing how it goes. Cars not running very happy without a map! Has a bit of a flat spot above 5k

No big up dates. For practicality I have fitted arch liners, with some weight removed from them. I have fitted them with clips so they can be removed on track. However even this low there is no running to speak of.

b3d02631718e1cf54713e50af1768814.jpg648f2d2daa0bc3351cb0a948af11bdec.jpg

Bit bored last weekend so my transit got a wash

Updates on Clio mapping to follow; should be done this week

395b0dd517a8a1a7913ecdb0c7000a72.jpg

Reactions: ///M
WoooHooo!!!!!!!!!!!

Very pleased to hear that my car has been mapped

With the reprofiled cams, airbox, decats and exhaust it has made a very respectable 204Bhp and 167lbft, which ties nicely into results from friends with 402s and the airbox!

Please let me know your thoughts, print out to come later