Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

Been following you on Instagram for a while and just came across this build thread, big fan of everything you've done with the car, looks great.

Out of interest, what made you go from the R3 suspension to the AST's?

Thanks for reply, I've been looking for a panel like that.

The one on maxi motorsport page looks to have the square marks around were the radio fits but your pics it looks very smooth, is it smooth were you have your switches?

Yes mate the pic is wrong on the Maxi/MC racing site! It's all smooth where the switches are fitted, just some rendering for heater control and hazard switch. I think some of the photos on Maxi are of my Clio

Reactions: FishFart
Been following you on Instagram for a while and just came across this build thread, big fan of everything you've done with the car, looks great.

Out of interest, what made you go from the R3 suspension to the AST's?

Mostly the freedom to adjust them more, harder spring rates etc. AST uk are local to me which is also handy!

Although some have had bad experiences with waiting times and customer service with AST I found them much better than Bilstein. I met direct with Curtis, and he was really helpful!

Reactions: BenAG200
Cheers all!

Had a nice long read through @simoxmino 's thread for inspiration!

So mapping is next week and she's nearly ready.

I lightly ported the inlet and throttle body to remove steps in casting etc.

Re routed the map/dephaser solenoid wiring to tidy it up.

I have ordered

15w50 Fuchs pro r

75w90 Fuchs race gl4 fully syn

Still to get a filter and plugs from paul temperton of RPD.

IMG_5562.JPGIMG_5558.JPGIMG_5560.JPG

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Fab looking bay. No wonder your posting pics !

Why 15w/50 oil ?

I followed Simo's lead on this! If you think of it in terms of viscosity at operating temps. Viscosity of a 5w40 @ 70 degrees is the same as a 15w50@ 100.

The engine will only be operating at high temps, it will keep the oil pressure similar to the normal expected pressures at lower operating temps!

It's a big jump for sure, but seeing a fair few F4r830 spinning shells I'm conscious of the pressure!

I followed Simo's lead on this! If you think of it in terms of viscosity at operating temps. Viscosity of a 5w40 @ 70 degrees is the same as a 15w50@ 100.

The engine will only be operating at high temps, it will keep the oil pressure similar to the normal expected pressures at lower operating temps!

It's a big jump for sure, but seeing a fair few F4r830 spinning shells I'm conscious of the pressure!

*edit its about 18 degrees higher for similar viscosity :smile:

Reactions: sevenfourate
Yes mate the pic is wrong on the Maxi/MC racing site! It's all smooth where the switches are fitted, just some rendering for heater control and hazard switch. I think some of the photos on Maxi are of my Clio

I ordered one yesterday, I'd found a company in France (AC Sport I think) who did a blank one about 91 euros delivered but I like the one you have with the holes for heater and hazard switch so took the plunge. looks good in yours. cheers.

Reactions: A1axx
Hi guys,

Here's my big update on the car. I have finished the interior, the camshafts are in and the header tank from a Dacia installed. I have also removed the A/c compressor the cheapest way possible!!

Car should be going for mapping in the next month. For now a bit of loom tidying

Any further pics needed please let me know

A/c delete is the 172 pulley/racer
4pk810sf stretch belt
Idlers and tensioner not needed

Battery is the lithium ion magnetti marelli

Heater is from T7designs

I'm by no means a professional, but it's the best I can do in my little garage!

e5222dbd36bc0b09ab4dcc154eddc740.jpg

4372775dcfc909e3220c58c9ba3121e5.jpg

Hi is there a specific 172 pulley you use mate? How have you found the set up since you did it?

Hi is there a specific 172 pulley you use mate? How have you found the set up since you did it?

I'm not sure if their is any other types, the one I've fitted seems the same as any other crank pulley I've seen mate,

No problems at all so far mate, no slipping etc

Any chance of a "how to" on porting the inlet and TB? :grinning:

I can put some pics up for sure!

It's one of the last things I've done, including moving the IAT. One or the other has confused the ecu a little bit, needs its mapping sorted, now in for next week.

It's not because there's any extra air getting past the butterfly, the throttle position is sitting at 13.5% when the IAT is below 10degrees. It reduces to 12.5% and idles normal when the IAT rises above around 10 degrees.

Putting it down to moving the IAT, but I can't rule out the TB porting.

I think after mapping this will be gone anyway, but maybe not something worth playing with if you have just had it mapped.

IAT is now in the airbox

Reactions: BenAG200