Sold the Meglio Cup Car... Now project 205...

image.jpeg
Looks the nuts mate, quick question on the spoiler. Does it have the bolts to attach it to the tailgate?

Tony

Hi Tony,

It comes with like 2 m5/m6 bolts for under the top of the supports, but not the self tappers for the rear..

Also no sealing foam. I also bought the stainless bolts for the ends.

That and the fact it needs some good blocking primer is the only problem with the spoiler, it really does fit better than the oem one I have on the cup.

What I mean by top and rear screws, rear ones are the little ones, you need to add these, as per oem fitting
image.jpeg

Same with the sealing tape, not included, but you need it to stop water
image.jpeg

So, no big updates. I have done a fair few miles in the Clio now, its been to work a few times.

The diff will probably be run in. Its really surprisingly quiet for a plated diff, I believe its the first of a new design with new plates.

Next is the new suspension, on its way from Holland :wink:

clio 1.jpg clio 2.jpg clio 3.jpg

Attachments

• clio 4.jpg
    clio 4.jpg
    80 KB · Views: 81
  • clio 5.jpg
    clio 5.jpg
    67.6 KB · Views: 76
  • clio 6.jpg
    clio 6.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 73
Reactions: DannyAG200
Cup racer scoop.

Nice and straight forward to fit.

Roof vent from the guy in holland as far as I know, bought from ap.motorsport in the uk.

Vents are from car builder solutions

I made templates on cad for anyone interested. So to fit vents in the bubble just drilled around the inside of the template, then dremeled the hole clean. Looked spot on and a good clean cut.

Roof is daunting to chop into.

I marked the centre on the bubble, and drew a centre line inside. Held it up to the roof and marked up the two front holes (rollcage in the way for back ones)

Then got up on the roof and marked up a centre line for my template, aligned with front holes. Drilled the rear holes and then pumped a 7mm bit in each to allow for wiggle room.

After that I dummy fitted and was happy.

Then used the template to drill out the 5inch hole, about 40 small holes then snipped any gaps to remove the piece.

Cleaned up with a grinder carefully.

Just waiting on new fasteners to do the final fit and painted up the holes,

Later I will take more pics and show how I will seal it up

Cheers087E7582-3CEB-4746-A0C2-0D4ED33EC3A5.jpgFE49EB9A-520A-465E-9FE1-FE0E98879276.jpg

Scoops all fitted now, still to change to countersunk washers but these will suffice for now!

Pictured below is the foam seal I made. From 10x3mm tape. It's flexible enough to go right around, seals really well

IMG_4059.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4060.JPG
    IMG_4060.JPG
    85.3 KB · Views: 64
Need a jug under the hole then :yum:
Something to do next week haha, drain plug!

Somebody did print out 3D printed rain blanks. Going to draw them up tomorrow and get a mate to sort me out!

Will be handy for when cleaning it etc

Made the washing/rain blanks after work. Just a quick fix. Will help a lot when it needs hose off! New countersunk washers arrived :smile:. All the little things...

Had a chat today about getting a racetech dash pro 2, on the cards...

Prodigal suspension is going to be ready next week, so finally will be ready to useIMG_4094.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4092.JPG
    IMG_4092.JPG
    752.7 KB · Views: 51
Reactions: Sideshowfred
So finished my pedal covers!
Not the biggest mod, but worth while for damp days. little stripe on the scoop too.

Just about to look into the dash situation.. I've an inkling that they won't run without the instrument cluster, it's an alternative way to get the abs deleted... Figure out the epas and getting shot of the abs would be nice, reason being it removes a point of failure, none of track cars have had abs and I have never had a problem!

IMG_4152.PNG

Attachments

• IMG_4121.JPG
    IMG_4121.JPG
    765 KB · Views: 53
Reactions: sevenfourate
New suspension on and roughly setup! Geo in the next couple of weeks :smile:.

Love how it looks now

It drives amazing with the ASTs. Awesome service, machined new parts while I waited for using the r3 topmounts...

By the way, roof scoop is bloody epic!! Starts blowing air from really low speeds, 70mph its stronger than any heater fan! Like having aircon again.

IMG_4476.JPG IMG_4478.JPG IMG_4481.JPG

Attachments

• IMG_4477.JPG
    IMG_4477.JPG
    691.5 KB · Views: 46
  • IMG_4480.JPG
    IMG_4480.JPG
    558.5 KB · Views: 47